Our future President apparently has a new project in mind for his administration - An Energy Apollo Project!
As a veteran and a father, I have learned to hate war and despise its end results. Whether there is such a thing as a "justifiable war" is debatable, and the fact that the Iraq War was horribly unjustified is without intelligent debate.
As a progressive independent, I have become as obsessed with the primary and election news as anyone. Today, however, the reality of the cost of this war and the heroism of our troops was brought home to me by another news story. I watched with awe and no small amount of tears as the parents of another wonderfully brave, young soul were awarded what is our country's highest military honor.
This update to a diary posted yesterday by spiralstairs, regarding the distasteful cover on a local Atlanta area rag by the name of The Roswell Beacon.
The inevitable flood of McCain bashing jokes and double entendres is going to be lots of fun for all of us. However, I suggest that we all (well, the majority of us) agree, here and now, to not joke about Alzheimer's disease. Because, for any of us who have lost a loved one to this insidious disease, it just ain't funny.
I was with the US Air Force in October of 1973, when Richard Nixon did the unthinkable. Supposedly in an attempt to deflect attention from his Watergate troubles, the entire US Military was put on high alert, including the Strategic Air Command.
This is my first diary EVER, so I would ask for just a touch of forbearance from the multitudes!
Recommended by ATLSandlapper
- I promised myself I wouldn't hang out on Daily Kos before a major policy announcement by this president. It gets ugly. I mean really ugly.441 comments 476 Recs
- 395 comments 933 Recs
- I believe in the power of prayer. I also believe in the power of community, and, especially, the power of our community here at Daily Kos. We have worked so hard to accomplish so much, and I am so ...221 comments 329 Recs
- Despite ridiculous Republican delays and outrageous troll attacks on her weight, Regina Benjamin was confirmed as Surgeon General tonight by a Senate voice vote. What a pleasant ...178 comments 275 Recs
- Hi. This is Adam Green with the Progressive Change Campaign Committee. Some late-night news broke tonight. White House Deputy Communications Director Dan ...614 comments 548 Recs
- Today Chris Matthews had superclown Jim Cramer from CNBC on to discuss the economy. Okay, that right there ought to be sufficient warning that a whole lot of bullshit and misinformation is on the way.119 comments 56 Recs
- Happened to catch a couple of minutes of Glenn Beck while trying to find something to watch this afternoon. I was soon shaking with anger. Beck is there talking with film of President Obama life-...472 comments 397 Recs
- I'm back from the Weiner vs. McCaughey debate in NYC. It was Lincoln Douglas style, so Rep. Weiner spoke first for 15 minutes, then 20 minutes for McCaughey, ten for Weiner, five for McCaughey, ...213 comments 503 Recs
- why I was out on Friday, what I was doing in Grundy. I did so because I will be out on more Fridays - for events in Roanoke, Alexandria and maybe the Eastern Shore as well. I wanted them to ...265 comments 503 Recs
- So the Olympics won't be in Chicago in 2016, and Obama and Michelle went to make final pitches. It was not a waste of time, and the fact that Chicago didn't get the bid is nowhere near a "stunning ...586 comments 589 Recs
- No current results.