The news from the occupied territories is grim. For those that have kept up with the plight and suffering of the Palestinian people this is not news at all. That Israel has been kidnapping Palestinian children in the middle of the night and torturing them so that they incriminate their friends and family. More below
The status of Puerto Rico has been bugging me lately. It is home to around 3 million US citizens who don't have a voice in our country. When is this going to change?
Recommended by Anastasia Castro
- I'm so delighted that President Obama and Congress are moving to impose sanctions on Russia over its military intervention in Crimea. Regardless of whether one thinks this is a wise or just policy ...140 comments 19 Recs
- Elbit Systems, which is one of two main contractors for Israel's separation wall, has just won a $145 million contract from the Department of Homeland Security to build tracking and surveillance ...26 comments 21 Recs
- We often see terrorists as those lurking in the shadows, in the margins of society. We often hear talk about state sponsored terrorism justifying all sort of harsh penalties from sanctions to ...77 comments 17 Recs
- I was told to put up or shut up in yesterday's diary, A reality check about the Venezuela uprising . I was told to provide links to publications that led me to be skeptical about the Venezuela ...500 comments 159 Recs
- Comments are at 55:07 More insanity from my favorite Tea Party U.S. Senate candidate of this election cycle: http://www.ibtimes.com/georgia-senate-candidate-paul-broun-support-israel-...11 comments 6 Recs
- There really aren't words to describe ...94 comments 120 Recs
- There is a reason why the socialist government of Venezuela is (and has been) in the crosshairs of the international neo-liberal cartel. What Chavismo has been able to accomplish in Venezuela if ...385 comments 176 Recs
- I have seen the Taibbi article of the Banks controlling heavy industry, currency exchange, interest rates and commodities, well we can add another horror: The Real Hunger Games [pdf] Nowhere was ...116 comments 214 Recs
- Tom Corbett killed 4 people today. In fact, as of today, February 12, he has killed 172 people. That’s according to a new study by researchers at the Harvard Medical School and the City ...15 comments 37 Recs
- It was, without doubt, a world-historical moment last Thursday when AIPAC conceded that its push to sabotage U.S. diplomacy with Iran had been decisively rebuked. As the New York Times noted , it ...6 comments 4 Recs
Anastasia Castro's Blogroll
- No current results.