My wife and I live in North Carolina. She is an adjunct professor at UNC Chapel Hill and Im a medical records clerk at UNC Hospitals. We bought our house a year ago in Burlington which is as red as Chapel Hill is blue. A few days ago, this past Saturday we married each other, legally in Washington, DC. It was without a doubt one of the happiest days of my life. We married each other because we love one another but we also realized we had to do everything we possibly could to protect each other and our home so that was the motivator to get married and we chose the date so that we would be legally married regardless of whether or not amendment one passed. So.....amendement one did pass and now......
I signed the petition, could somene PLEASE make that stupid floating exhortation GO AWAY!!! Yes I know, this "is not a diary" but FFS I would like to enjoy the site now that Ive done my part.
It's bitter, mean-spirited and apparently, The American Way ™.....and "pooties" make people click diaries which supports my argument.......
((This diary is going to ramble, it's early in the morning and I just read about Maine and I'm not happy.))
I have this friend whom I've known since the early 90's. I took him to his first (and only) Jerry Garcia Band shows, as well as his first (and only) Grateful Dead shows. Nowadays we both play City of Heroes. Recently, he freeked me out by reacting violently to an Obama ad on the tv and parroting in a vague way, some of the smears against Obama. So, I decided to write him this email. (I've changed his name to protect his privacy)
Have you ever heard such a thing as a "curdled chuckle"? I did yesterday.
(This is my first dailykos diary, please be gentle)
So, I've been hearing about this a lot over the past year or so and today I readthis article in slate.com .This is so disturbing to me, both for obvious, personal reasons, but also not so obvious reasons.
Recommended by Boudicia Dark
- More than 200 people gathered May 13 to support the 49 people arrested for peaceably protesting at the N.C General Assembly building in ...73 comments 138 Recs
- Both the president's men. ...521 comments 302 Recs
- If you're reading this post, it's quite possible that you know who the author is. You may have actually seen my face, or met me in person. Maybe you've heard me speak, or even sing before. It's ...82 comments 277 Recs
- I am writing because conservative Christian leaders have been stunningly and tellingly silent on one of the most pressing moral and social issues we face today: rape. Written by Lynn Beisner for RH ...84 comments 89 Recs
- BuzzFeed currently has an article up as their front page banner titled How Not To Annoy Catholics When Talking About The Enclave [sic]. It is written by BuzzFeed staff writer Ellie Hall and is one ...88 comments 82 Recs
- An intelligent mind rails against dividing humanity into starkly-defined moral groups, but sometimes in the course of politics a stark choice resolves out of ambiguity. We have reached such a point ...19 comments 49 Recs
- This isn't chess. It's not checkers. It is people's lives we are talking about. The GOP is making their hostage taking nihilism the new normal. Republican threats amount to destroying the ...713 comments 573 Recs
- Cross posted at Voices on the Square and The Stars Hollow Gazette And when one make excuses for chained CPI without doing any research because they'll blindly follow whatever a politician proposes ...365 comments 187 Recs
- President Obama has indicated that he would support major cuts to Social Security benefits by endorsing a "chained CPI" to calculate benefits. Under these cuts , "a person age 75 in the future will ...204 comments 356 Recs
- Somebody tries, unsuccessfully, to blow up a plane by putting a bomb in his shoe. So now everyone that gets on a plane has to take off their shoes. Somebody tries, unsuccessfully, to make a bomb ...280 comments 693 Recs
Boudicia Dark's Tags
- No current results.
Boudicia Dark's Blogroll
- No current results.