If you look at John Boehner's district, it is laughably gerrymandered to keep the worst Speaker of the House in office...
Americans love fast. Fast cars. Fast food. Fast information. You can write killer investigative news and get 10,000 reads or put out a meme and get 200,000. That is, if it is attention-grabbing enough.
So how do progressives beat back the billions bad billionaires blow to feed Fox fear frenzies?
It was another glaring example of how this Tea Party breed of Republican serves only a minority of interest groups with little regard for their charge to protect and serve the public while IN office, not just pander to the special interests that got them there.
The drumbeat about "Obamacare" has nothing to do with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or even with fiscal conservative values. If your friend or neighbor has been watching too much Fox News, here are ten reasonable retorts to the paradoxes of the Radical Right that they use to hook the Obamacare-obsessed.
A twenty-nine year long study of guns makes the amazing linkage between more guns and more gun violence, but, like all research work in the shadow of the mighty gun lobby, shies away from cause. Here, for you intrepid scientists, is how you find the causation...
People who love their guns are iron tigers. People want meaningful gun violence reform are another type of cat. A recent experiment confirms why the NRA could arm blind dogs and no one will stop them.
Your help sought for a smaller American corporation that has a very real ethical dilemma that involves the Koch Brothers' American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC).
We're having a debate with pro-gun owners at the The American Gun Victims Wall. We started it because the Slate variation doesn't include injuries, just deaths. We figure that the injured are victims too. We also asked people of all perspectives to come and just LOOK at the stories we aggregate from all over the country for the KINDS of death and injury, and their causes.
The results are not what the NRA wants you to hear. Arguments, substances, and mental illness generate the vast number of handgun deaths and injuries. So, in the course of our postings, we get a few "challengers." Joe asked us to have a debate. To tell him why "guns are bad." Here is the reply, as it might be useful to others trying to have a reasonable discussion:
Would Jesus own an AK-47 for protection? If so, the likelihood that he, Mary, or his apostles would die not on the cross, but by gun wounds of his own making would go up exponentially.
Years ago I departed from the Hollywood scene to work on something called "multimedia" with my friends at Apple. This is what the dream was all about: The day that average people could use professional tools on a computer to express themselves. Political ads like this one by public health professor Harold Pollack is what digital democracy is all about.
3% of the richest people in the nation take the biggest entitlements offered to Americans: Capital gains tax breaks, estate tax avoidance, stock option payroll tax swindles, and corporate tax breaks in the hundreds of billions annually. Mr. Romney is one of them.
I think this graphic says it all very nicely:
Recommended by Brian Ross
- Sensata Technologies workers have been fighting for months to let the world know what Bain Capital and Mitt Romney were doing to them: ...77 comments 98 Recs
- Maybe next time Romney should aim before he ...122 comments 49 Recs
- Click to ...18 comments 23 Recs
- Santorum compares Romneycare to ...112 comments 22 Recs
- You’re in a grocery store and that loaf of bread in your hand is now a buck fifty when you could swear it was a dollar a few months ago. It’s certainly more than last year. But if you think it�25 comments 31 Recs
Brian Ross's Tags
- No current results.
Brian Ross's Blogroll
- Rather than Race to the Top, We Should Have Started Fixing Educ
- Manufacturing A Phony Job Crisis
- Recipe for a Republican Renaissance Requires Rotten Recollectio
- Hold Your Noses and Vote the Bottom of the Ticket to Send A Rea
- Mosque Moaning: The GOP Diversion Tactic From Unfavorable Polls
- Republicans: What's Wrong With Being Sweden?
- Rosetta Stone Republican - Democrats Need Their Own 'Think
- This August, Will Voters Remember that the GOP Puts Politics Be
- BP Alleged Involvement in Lockerbie Terrorist Release Accelerat
- Closing the Toilet Gap -- Why the Democrats Abandonment of Ener
- Michael Steele's Latest Big Idea: Hire Paul the Soccer Octo
- Kagan Kabuki Theater Delivers More than Drama and Comedy
- BP's PR Pick of Cheney Minion is a Politically Tone Deaf Me
- GOP Spews Hypocrisies as BP Rig Gushes Gallons Into Gulf
- With Friends Like Rand Paul, Who Needs Enemies?
- Magnet Education Attracts Unwelcome Clash With No Child Left Be
- Mr. Holland Won't Get His Final Opus - Where Obama's Ed
- Why Isn't Academia Preparing Our Children for Business And
- What Ronald Reagan Would Think of Striking Senators
- Mr. Boehner, I Am the American People Too, and You Don't Sp