So rare is it that a moment of honesty could send such a cold chill through your spine. I mean, you've always known it to be the case. The writing was on the wall, but I find it to be a fairly frightening moment when someone speaks of doing something so destructive with such open honesty.
In what seems like a brilliant bit of irony, James O'Keefe found himself on the butt end of a nasty little...surprise I should say, and thanks to the quite famous (or infamous in Republican circles) Ian Murphy.
What did Murphy do? Got O'keefe to accept dinner and $100 from a supposed Crack Pipe dealer
It doesn't get any more disgusting than this. Equating rape to getting a flat tire.
Such is the argument of Rep Pete DeGraaf when they debated on a debilitating anti-abortion law that prevents insurance coverage from offering coverage for abortion with the exception of the mother's health.
I don't think I've seen anyone flailing so hard since Trump, and he at least had some "dignity" to bow out after becoming such a rapid embarrassment. I doubt Gingrich will have the same grace, but he may as well after this:
Newt's new excuse on his Meet the Press Fiasco: I wasn't ready for those Gotcha questions
This is just beyond the pale...And honestly I really wish it was an example of Poe's Law, but I really can't say for sure.
I wish I had the articulation to put how disgusting this is into words, but I'll do my best.
From a meeting at Jerry Falwell's Liberty University, a new tactic of the Religious Right's Pro-homophobia fight is emerging: Remove the word "Gay" from the picture.
I wish I could say it was this issue in and of itself that has caused me to lose such sleep, but no. Watching the current events and what appears to be a steady collapse of community among us here at Kos as we bicker and fight over who is to blame and who is really a right wing sleeper agent and why Obama doesn't fix everything today like he told us he was and all of this other insanity going on in our back and forth, I think it's just finally time to say enough.
There's a point in time where we need to agree to disagree. The fact that the left wing can even be divided in and of itself just speaks to the nature of things in this age. The more laughable part of it is how we go about mocking the tea party for splitting and dividing the GOP while we go on about doing the exact same thing. How can we possibly hope to even match or defeat the GOP on messaging when we can't even agree on the font that message should be in (Which, by the way, should always be 12 point Times New Roman).
So, settle in a bit while I get some things off my chest here with what little brain activity I can manage before passing out.
As we discuss the possible and obvious racial motives behind Rep Peter King's commission hearing to discuss "Radicalization" of American citizens who happen to be Muslim, we are once again reminded of the true radicals who seek to destroy those who even remotely remotely appear to be Muslim.
As the cheering and grandstanding goes on about Bernie Sander's filibuster of the tax cut deal, a conversation of this subject became rather eyeopening for me.
The Democrats really are no different than the Republicans.
So again we meet at a crossroads, as the left reaches a boiling point over Obama's plan to compromise, much in the same way Bill Clinton did with the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act back in '96 that got us into our current UI mess, the rec list and numerous diaries fill up with metaphorical (and one nearly literal) calls for Obama's head on a platter.
Well then, let's consider the consequences and who is to blame.
Allow me, if you will, to consider certain prospects otherwise thought to be unthinkable in a modern, civilized society. A front page story brings to light, for those of us who also do not watch most of MSNBC's day time programing at least, the revelation that Dylan Ratigan has a similar desire for violent revolution in the vein of our forefathers much in the same way Glenn Beck does, albeit for slightly (and only slightly) different reasons.
Absurd in a society such as today, where reason and common sense should take the center stage.
...Or is it?
"I just won't vote."
White House Press Secretary Gibbs had words for "The Professional Left". Words of anger and frustration. Reading a number of comments here, I now understand why.
Recommended by Codenamechaz
- Today, Al Franken sent an email to Progressive Change Campaign Committee members asking them to sign the PCCC's letter calling for a recess appointment for Elizabeth Warren. Read his urgent message ...39 comments 113 Recs
- Such leadership, boldness, and vision. Senate Democrats are expected to support a resolution ...585 comments 298 Recs
- Just when you think they can't go any lower ... It may be hard to believe but some far right conspiracy theorists are allegeding that the Tucson Massacre where Gabrielle Giffords was shot at ...207 comments 277 Recs
- I wanted to thank ericlewis0 for the great diary she did today (5/16/11): http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/05/16/976620/-Federal-Audits-Find-4-Biggest-Banks-%28-Ally-Financial%29-Guilty-of-FRAUD?...21 comments 12 Recs
- Justice Kloppenburg may pull off this Wisconsin Supreme Court election - she leads by 16,579 votes as of latest report with 97% of the votes counted. . As ...23 comments 10 Recs
- Here's some truth to power. TPM is reporting that former ...114 comments 386 Recs
- Oh, my freeking God !196 comments 146 Recs
- 67 comments 241 Recs
- God has deemed the ENTIRETY of humanity unworthy. Not a single soul will be raptured to heaven on May 21st. Of all of the six-or-however-many-billion of us there are on the planet, the Almighty ...43 comments 22 Recs
- A stash of pornography was found in the hideout of Osama bin Laden by the U.S. commandos who killed him, current and former U.S. officials said on Friday. ... snip ... The officials ...379 comments 146 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.