I haven't been around lately, but I lost my Mom today and I need to talk. She went in the hospital on Sept 1, 2010 to get a breathing treatment, she had COPD, and ended up having a massive heart attack. She was in intensive care for about a month and seemed to be doing much better. She was transferred to a different hospital which specializes in weaning patients off ventilators. There, they had her sitting up on the side of the bed, sitting in a chair and were even going to start getting her to try and walk today. She was incredibly anxious to get home.
Charles Blow has a piece up now on The New York Times website that bemoaning the fact that Obama isn't showing enough "emotion" concerning the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf.
Thursday, in the opening remarks of his press conference, the president said: "Every day I see this leak continue I am angry and frustrated."
I wasn’t feeling it.
Readers of a certain age here will remember sitting in fron of the TV on the floor on Saturday morning with a big bowl of cereal watching cartoons. Among them, Captain Caveman, The Groovie Ghoulies, Hong Kong Fooey, Laffalympics, etc. But in between these mindless cartoons, if you were watching ABC, you got a sneaky dose of education in the form of Schoolhouse Rock!
I awoke to the the following teaser on my RSS feed from none other than Mark Halperin this morning.
Mark Halperin's new "One Nation" column: The President (with help from
BidenEmanuel-et al) is getting stuff done.
And that matters.
Just because it is blog bait doesn't mean it isn't true.
Having just woken up after a scant 3 hours of sleep, I thought my eyes must be playing tricks on me. So I took the dare and clicked on the link. Join me below the fold for an article that made my morning.
Charlie Crist just got an endorsement that is probably making him and the GOP cringe right about now.Medal of Honor winner Bud Day has publicly endorsed Crist for the Senate, but in doing so, peeled back the curtain on the Republican's race problem. And Adam Serwer gets to the heart what that tiresome teleprompter joke really means. More below the fold.
Hari Sevugan tweeted a link to this post over at Hotline on Call. For some reason Hotline has taken down the post, but a Google Cache page still exists. It shows another GOP Power Point Presentation with the following bullet point:
A new Washington Post/ABC poll Has good news both on Healthcare and Bipartisanship. Most people want Congress to keep trying on Healthcare reform and a plurality of people blame the Republicans for the lack of bipartisanship, or let's face it, completely stonewalling of ANYTHING President Obama proposes. Join me below the fold for some surprising outtakes.
As you all know the first annual national Tea Party Convention started today. And it kicked off with a bang with Tom Tancredo, the resident brown people hater of the Tea Bagger movement. As Raw Story notes, he didn't disappoint.
The disaster in Haiti has been riveting to watch on both CNN and MSNBC. Even the networks are providing excellent coverage of this unfolding humanitarian nightmare. But who's coverage is minimal to non-existent? FOX "News" of course. And the LA Times media critic James Rainey calls them out on it
I can't believe no one has diaried this yet, but FINALLY, someone in the MSM calls out Politico for their allowing Dick Cheney to spew his talking points through them without any follow up what so ever. Join me below the fold as Chris Matthews leaves Jonathan Martin of Politico speechless.
During the past couple of days, I noticed that CNN, and now apparently PBS have used Larry "Whitey Tape" Johnson as a terrorism expert to pontificate on the Christmas Thunderwear Bomber. Now, historically, he does have the credentials. He's a former CIA analyst, so he knows of which he speaks. My problem, and indeed much of the Netroots problem, with Larry, stems from his pushing a false story about an alleged video tape of Michelle Obama screaming with Louis Farakhan about "whitey"
Ever since the Christmas Day Thunderwear attempt the Republicans have been attacking Obama on National Security. And no one from the House Intelligence Committee or the House Homeland Security Committee has spoken a word in defense of this Administration's National Security policies.
Recommended by DJShay
- about Obama and his Bush tax cut compromise/capitulation. Like many progressives, I was angry at Obama for leading us on with his rhetoric about the unfairness of extending the upper-tier brackets ...906 comments 410 Recs
- Posted on behalf of @Symbolman On the 50th Anniversary of the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge Sarah Palin kills a docile caribou, while TLC advertises for Oil Companies. Coincidence? ...66 comments 31 Recs
- BlackWaterDog (BWD) was hounded out of DailyKos to her new blog . Bonddad and NewDealDem are here ,2096 comments 639 Recs
- This is, of course, the internet. That means people can say they are whoever they want to say they are. Many people are telling the truth, many others are not, and none of us really knows the ...141 comments 25 Recs
- First off let me say this. I have no interest in debating with those who are comfortable hanging out on Daily Kos as it is now. This diary is only for those who agree with me. People who turn ...1006 comments 451 Recs
- I have already said what I think about BWD in my diary from last week ...1351 comments 395 Recs
- Seconds before President John F. Kennedy was assassinated 47 years ago in Dallas, Nellie Connally, wife of Texas Gov. John Connally, turned and ...427 comments 523 Recs
- I don't believe you. I've watched you for years and I've never believed you. You want the same 5 million+/year deals you see the other purveyors of outrage making. You're a one-note pony. You ...1005 comments 761 Recs
- Express Scripts - or ESI, is a wildly profitable company. Worth $26.5 billion, they are the second largest prescription medical supplier in the country and even during the recession, they pulled in ...192 comments 193 Recs
- For the second straight week, I have run across articles about the President of the United States. Now, you might ask why is that notable, all media is full of articles written about the POTUS. Good ...130 comments 46 Recs
- No current results.