FAX THIS COAT HANGER!
Express yourself to Rick Perry and all the Texas Senators who voted in favor of SB5. Right click on the image of the coat hanger and choose "Open Image in New Tab." Then print the image or, if your system has the capability, send faxes directly from your computer to the Capitol fax numbers for Gov Perry and the Senators who voted Yes on SB5.
Here are their fax numbers:
Gov Rick Perry (512) 475-2576
Senators who voted for Texas SB 5
* Brian Birdwell (512) 475-3729
* Donna Campbell (512) 463-7794
* Bob Deuell (512) 463-7202
* Robert Duncan (512) 463-2424
* Craig Estes (512) 463-8874
* Troy Fraser (512) 475-3732
* Kelly Hancock (512) 463-7003
* Glenn Hegar (512) 475-3736
* Joan Huffman (512) 463-0639
* Eddie Lucio, Jr. (512) 463-0061
* Jane Nelson (512) 463-0923
* Robert Nichols (512) 463-1526
* Dan Patrick (512) 463-8810
* Ken Paxton (512) 463-7579
* Charles Schwertner (512) 463-5713
* Kel Seliger (512) 475-3733
* Larry Taylor (512) 475-3727
* Tommy Williams (512) 463-6373
Two Republicans listed as "absent" for the vote:
* John J. Carona (512) 463-3135
* Keven Eltife (512) 475-3751
It only takes a few minutes! Get those fax lines going!
Whoo-hoo! In a big win for progressives, Mayor Debbie Cook of Huntington Beach prevails in court, and her lawyers get to bill the sleazebag Republicans for their fees.
From the Court of Appeals Decision:
All stays previously issued are lifted. Petitioner Cook will recover her costs from real party in interest Carlson.
This was a vicious and cynical attempt to bleed the campaign of local progressive hero Mayor Debbie Cook, orchestrated by the Treasurer of the California Republican Party, Keith Carlson.
You know how Republicans are always complaining about "judicial activism?" Well, it turns out they don't really mean it. Either that or they're a bunch of hypocrites. (You decide.)
In California-46 there's a great Democratic contender, Huntington Beach Mayor Debbie Cook, running against Dana Rohrabacher (R-Wingnut). Rohrabacker is a particularly odious Reep, being a supporter of convicted lobbyist Jack Abramoff and a believer that dinosaur flatulence is a cause of global warning. He also told Congress that he hoped the families of those who oppose torture of prisoners would "suffer the consequences" of a future terror attack.
If I had you at "Hello" and you'd like to contribute to Debbie's campaign, here's her ActBlue page.