Aloha. Remember me? Maybe, maybe not, depending on how long you have been around here. This week whoever is responsible for sending out the Daily Recommended Diary email dragged out one of my photo diaries from July 2011 to share with the community. I guess it motivated me a little bit to return here and share a few images I have taken in the past few months. As I used to say, these diaries are just meant as simple distractions from the daily battle, and as a reminder that there is beauty around us that needs protection. I hope you enjoy it.
Aloha all. Those of you that have been around here a while might remember my photo diaries. I have no excuse for my absence and I have not really gone away. Just lurking around watching the (uh, fun?). I am home sick today from work with a bad head cold, so I thought I would take the time to throw out a little reminder of the beauty of this besieged planet. I hope you enjoy it.
Hello all. Yes, once again I have been away from here way too long. I hope you don't mind if I dump one of these photo diary things on you. For those not familar I just post these things for amusement and a brief distraction from ongoing battles. I hope you enjoy your visit here.
I was very pleasantly surprise to find that I received a Lifetime Gift Subscription to this fine community. It has been a long time since I posted regularly here, for no particular reason other than life getting in the way. The email only said "love your photos".
Well I feel a little guilty for being so scarce. I am going to just dump a simple photo bomb of some stuff I have shot over the past couple of month. I hope you enjoy. To my anonymous benefactor, mahalo!
Greeting to all. It is time from another one of these photo diary things. I hope you enjoy your visit here.
Some photographs I have taken. Meant to provide a brief diversion. I hope you enjoy. No more words tonight.
Yes I am resorting to this again. I have no shame.
If you are new to one of these things it is just meant as a mild diversion from the other goings on around here. I shot the photos. I hope you like 'em.
I haven't posted one of these in quite a while. This one is going to be a random selection of photos I have taken in the past couple of months. I hope you enjoy it.
This is another one of these distraction diaries. I know I can use a brief break from the news these days as events have gone from the surreal to the completely insane. Here are some photos of some critters and things. I hope you enjoy them.
Good evening! I hope everyone is well. This is my first one of these diaries in a while. If you aren't familiar they are generally meant just to provide some entertainment and distraction from the troubles of the day. I hope you enjoy your visit.
Contrary to what it may say elsewhere on this page all images are copyrighted by the author of this diary.
Recommended by Haole in Hawaii
- Winter has arrived in Reykjavík. The weather is cold and crisp. Snow lies on the ground and winter winds from the last storm are dying down; many drivers got caught unawares and there were a number ...115 comments 212 Recs
- I usually like to work a little wordplay into my titles, in hopes of catching the eye of casual readers. But when the topic is Ospreys, no cleverness is necessary. They are just plain cool. And ...57 comments 81 Recs
- Jupiter on one flank, Aldeberan on the other. I stood there rooted in the cold, looking up at it. The silent and implacable beauty had me. Go have a look, if you're able, and if you can see it where ...145 comments 184 Recs
- Because Mitt Needs Brains, here's an endorsement from a well prepared type stocking up on Spam and learning Parkour. Who needs Zombie Reagan when we can elect Mitt Zomney? As the creator of the #...217 comments 429 Recs
- Tomorrow people in San Francisco will celebrate the Golden Gate Bridge 's seventy-fifth anniversary. It is nine thousand feet long, seven hundred and fifty feet tall, weighing 887,000 tons, has an ...97 comments 103 Recs
- Hawai`i is a special place in innumerable ways. The primacy of the natural environment is a common thread. The Hawaiian culture is premised on respect for natural resources. The ancient Hawaiian ...1 comments 10 Recs
- It was a fabulous sunny day at last, and I knew I'd be inside all afternoon. Fortunately, there was just enough time to hang out at a duck pond for a little bit. The Palace of Fine Arts is a ...131 comments 79 Recs
- We may be at a tipping point Spring came early to southern Michigan this year so on Good Friday, my wife, Anne, and I put our kayaks in the Huron River and set out to document the effects of global ...28 comments 112 Recs
- I had to check on Nurse Kelley RN because I have missed seeing her around. I also talked to Tricia last night who told me she thought she was not feeling well. You know Kelley..She is always ...316 comments 360 Recs
- This is a very short diary. I am seeing tweets from New Mexico bloggers that our fellow New Mexican, barbwire , passed away tonight after ...96 comments 434 Recs
Haole in Hawaii's Tags
- No current results.
Haole in Hawaii's Blogroll
- No current results.