With Obama being Obama yet again we are seeing that this president is not much more than a HUGE disappointment. He is basically now repeating republican talking points on a major issue. We need a grass roots effort to simply ask all democrats to vote down any bill that extends the cuts to the wealthiest EVEN IF IT MEANS LETTING ALL THE TAX CUTS EXPIRE!
Browsing through CNN Money's best places to live I started to notice a trend. It seemed that the majority of the towns in the top 20 had, let's say, a certain racial makeup. However, CNN did not consider the racial makeup of a town rather they considered unemployment rate, school systems, crime and other things. Here is a look at the top 10:
Just a quick diary to let you all know that Maddow is fucking crushing Bill Frist on Real Time. Maher would have crushed Frist by himself, had he made sure and avoided all talk about vaccines, but with Maddow he is really looking like a blubbering idiot.
This is not inflammatory. If you don't think any sort of peak oil/energy, health, food, financial or climate crisis is coming than you can politely leave this diary.
However, if you are like me and you are beginning to realize that for various reasons our society is going to change drastically in the next 20 years what are you doing to prepare?
PS. Even if you don't believe in widespread collapse in the next 20 years planning is never a bad thing...
I just finished working six twelve hour shifts in a busy urban Emergency Room. I say that to give you a little view of where I am coming from and to make an excuse for my terrible grammar and spelling.
There are a lot of issues with health care. The one I am going to talk about/rant about is physicians and patients, particularly in the Emergency room.
It seems there are a lot of people on here who have justified their position on late term abortions by surmising that the vast majority of these abortions are done due to genetic anomalies. However, I have searched and searched and also asked for data suggesting this and nobody has delivered.
So what if it turns out to be a myth? Are you still supportive? If so then why even use that argument?
More over the fold.
oice is a morality that takes you morally out of the picture."
Another day another half dozen people or so, some of which I would have to google to know who they are, have endorsed Obama. While this is fine and dandy it is really meaningless at this point.
I made few friends on here when I have said that more likely than not I will end up NOT voting. Its not out of laziness or apathy but out of my personal opinion that the lesser of two evils is still evil... and at the end of the day I would rather sit out.
However, Obama has peeked my interest but one opinion of his is really rubbing me the wrong way. His stance on weed.
There should be several reasons why you want to buy the new Kanye West album.... the beats, the message and so on. If you need more reasons here ya go....
When are the rich, white and privaledged left simply going to admit it? I get blasted on here for saying I dont vote. I get blasted for saying that I think Al Gore and Edwards and the lot have over the top lifestyles.
Why? Why are most, if not all, on the left afraid to admit that they benefit from the financial system that fucks so many?
Listening to Richardson on the Moveon town hall meeting really got me angry. Angry because even the party politics are turning into the money driven yaya that has become teh presidential election. The same money issues that prevent a third voice from ever being heard. The same voice that would have prevented a young Bill Clinton from ever seeing teh white house back in the day if the system was as it is today.
So here is my proposal. A fund be set up for whoever gets the nomination. No longer donate to individual campaigns which automatically rules out someone with a small wallet but great ideas from being heard. I am not for or against any candidate at this point.
You are no better than the global warming deniers that use pseudo science and sketchy sources to define their points. Lets get a few things striaght. I do not think the Bush administration did everything in their power to prevent 9-11. I do not think what followed in regards to how they handled the situation was something to be proud of. However, there are facts that completely and totally debunk the "proof" given in "Loose Change" and we have a stake in clearly stating our parties position on that movie and differentiating ourselves from those who still choose to believe is such a straw man.....
Recommended by Hind2
- This story speaks for itself (from the Atlanta Journal Constitution ): The Kalonji family had just closed on a foreclosed home and were told by their real estate agent they should go over to the ...126 comments 243 Recs
- I spent the first Earth Day, April 22, 1970, in the best possible place: in the park. It was a Wednesday, and no, I was not playing hooky. My junior high school science teacher decided to mark that ...8 comments 20 Recs
- New Orleans is my favorite destination in America. Bad food in the Big Easy is good food anywhere else. It's like New Years eve in Times Square at least six nights a week in the Quarter. New Orleans ...24 comments 24 Recs
- We progressives love to live in our factions. It's part of being in the Democratic Party: we're essentially a fractured group of activists with our own agendas, telling people to "butt out" when it'...346 comments 308 Recs
- I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke. People are calling Rush Limbaugh's statement a "non-apology apology," but let's take a moment ...63 comments 211 Recs
- I'll keep this brief. If I've ever seen a more egregious example of victim-blaming, i can't imagine where or when.398 comments 468 Recs
- "Kill them...including the children." That's how to solve the threat of militant Muslims? This quote is from what one official involved in homeland security said was the theme of a ...26 comments 31 Recs
- In the 1994 film Dumb and Dumber, Lloyd Christmas (Jim Carrey) and Harry Dunne (Jeff Daniels) are a couple of nitwits. After a series of unfortunate incidents, Christmas and Dunne decide to go on a ...8 comments 5 Recs
- "I want to dispel any notion we want to inhibit your success,” President ...974 comments 731 Recs
- I was at the inauguration. I sat at the Lincoln Memorial, bathed in sunlight and the sweet sounds of Aretha's voice, sad only because Brother Ray did not live to see that day. Watching the gay ...376 comments 453 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.