The Supreme Court has made a mockery of our Constitution like trained chimpanzees saying corporations are people and money is speech, drowning our votes and our voices in waves of cash. After the Supreme Court gutted the Voting Rights Act, 22 states legislated voter restrictions and disenfranchised legitimate voters.
The dismantling of American democracy is directly tied to the vast gulf of income and wealth inequality. The average worker hasn’t seen a real increase in wages in 35 years. All the increases in our GDP in the last 10 years has gone to the top 1 percent of the top 1 percent. Global corporations, which operate and make their money, take advantage of huge tax breaks, hide their money in offshore tax havens and refuse to create jobs in America.
Now comes Bernie Sanders, who wants to make the economy work for the American people and democracy to be restored and strengthened, and all the sudden the word socialism is big news.
CORPORATE SOCIALISM IS RIFE in America. Our economy works as socialism for the rich now.
Here comes Bernie Sanders for President with a real agenda for real change that average Americans need and all the sudden we hear all about socialism. Well, Senator Bernie Sanders is opposed to Socialism for the Rich.
What is Senator Sanders for? A healthier America and dignity for the American people and restoration of American democracy.
Senator Bernie Sanders is for what we need:
- Taking care of our veterans
- Rebuilding our infrastructure and giving Americans good jobs
- Reversing climate change and listening to scientists instead of lunatics
- Creating worker co-ops like the grocery store in my neighborhood
- Growing the labor movement and making organizing unions and collective
bargaining real rights for all workers
-Raising the minimum wage
- Pay equity for women
- Trade policies that lift workers wages and protect the environment
- Making college affordable for all
- Tackling Wall Street
- Healthcare as a right for all
- Protecting “the least of these” as The Bible says
- Real Tax Reform
So when a co-worker, nasty uncle or friend or Rush Limbaugh or Fox News starts raving about Bernie and socialism, just tell ’em, “I’m glad you brought that up, because Bernie is working hard to end socialism for the rich.”
That will strengthen America and all the rest of us.
Image source: Alternet