My husband decided, at age 62, to change his life. We have been self employed artists for 35 years. We are tired of starving, so he decided to get a grant and go to to go to commercial truck driver school. Passed at the top of his class. Got 100% on the DOT test, got all the ratings. He starts working tomorrow for a company here in WA state.
Well, this is just great. At least 6 counties and the State Patrol sell guns that they have confiscated in crimes back to people in the community. They have even sold an assault rifle to someone.
- Records show that the Thurston County Drug Task Force sold a Norinco SKS military-style rifle and a Romarm AK-47 in a batch of 44 guns traded with a firearms dealer.Oh, well, that's comforting. We don't want a gun that was used in a high profile shooting, just your every day kinda shooting.
- The Kitsap County Sheriff’s office sold an Intratec 9mm, which used to be on the list of assault weapons banned in the United States.
- WSP sold an “Interordinance (sic.), assault rifle w/scope and case and 2 magazines” and an “SKS, assualt (sic.) rifle.”
WSP said it does not distinguish between firearms when it puts its crime guns out for bid.
“We draw a fairly bright line at legal versus illegal weapons, and the only modification from that is if a weapon was used in a high-profile crime. We’re not gonna put a trophy back on the street for someone,” Calkins said.
When I worked for the DA in Sacramento, CA they confiscated all guns and melted them down. They made manhole covers out of them, I believe. It was hard to get a permit to carry in CA in the '70's, I don't know if it's easier to do so now. There were Deputy DA's who wanted them and judges wouldn't give them one. They had to prove a need and putting people away for years wasn't enough of a reason, I guess.
It's really easy to get a concealed weapons permit in WA. You do not have to prove a need, you just have to want one. My husband has one. He's tried to get me to get one for years. Not to carry a gun to the grocery store, but we live on the edge of the Olympic National Forest and there be bears and mountain lions here.
This could be nothing or it could be something. I don't know about you, but I'm hoping it's something. I'll take anything to keep Mitt Romney from being president.
There is one extremely accurate poll (it's never been wrong in it's 12 year history) that no one is talking about. It is a poll that surveys millions of people every election, not just 1000 like all of the polls that are quoted by every news organization.
We need something to lighten us up this weekend.
Yesterday we took a trip up the Hood Canal, across the ferry to Seattle, up to Sultan to buy something we found on Craigslist. Bungee took my camera to take some photos of his own. He's very talented and I think you will agree.
Bungee is a very special dog. He makes complete strangers smile every day. When we were driving through Seattle yesterday (Bungee was driving) a woman ran up to the car and yelled, "You have the best dog EVER!" Of course, we agree it that statement.:-)
So, I am turning this over to him. It's his first diary.
We love the El Nino winters here in the NW. All the time the rest of the country has been under siege with blizzards and it's snowing in Florida, up here in Washington and Oregon it's been a fabulous year so far.
I'm speaking of the weather, of course.
(But the most recent unemployment numbers actually went down here for the first time in a long time, so there is room for a very small and guarded celebration)
I can't tell you how much flack I have received from people for not liking this movie.
I didn't hate this movie, I just found it seriously disappointing after all the hype. I was very up for seeing it, I love sci fi and, as an artist myself, I love special effects - as long as there is a story, dialogue, characters and a plot to go with it.
So, let's take a few moments out of talking about Dodd, Dorgan, Teabaggers and terrorists and opine on a dumb movie.
I don't want to talk about politics on Christmas. I'm going to try to refrain completely. I'm sure I will fail, but I'm going to try and that's the important thing. ;-)
So, I thought I would share something of me with all you wonderful people.
I take a lot of photographs. My Dad used to take a lot of them too. We have thousands of slides from our life growing up outside of Washington, DC.
But I have a whole lot more.:-)
We just got back to Washington State after driving through Idaho and Montana. I'd never been there before. I've lived my whole life in blue states, but I wanted to see Montana and you have to drive through Idaho to get there.
I distinctly recall polls after the election that showed a great majority of Americans said they were willing to give the new president time to fix the incredible mess this country was in when he took office. It was upwards of 70% as I recall. Anyone else remember that?
Both of my parents are buried at Arlington cemetery on a hill that overlooks the Pentagon. My Dad served in the 82nd Airborne, 325th glider infantry. If you saw Saving Private Ryan that scene with all the men who had been injured in the glider crash - that glider infantry.
This is my very first diary. I've enjoyed reading other people's diaries and commenting, but today was the first time I felt moved enough to write one of my own. Because the buried Teddy today and it made me aware, more than ever before, of how tied my memories of my Father are to the Kennedy's.
Recommended by Kevanlove
- Republican leadership needs to lay off Romney. All this crazy distancing by the Jindals and Gingrichs, this sudden epiphany that the reason republicans cannot connect with the American majority is ...58 comments 84 Recs
- Enjoy!8 comments 14 Recs
- Hide the children, grab the smelling salts, and fluff the pillows on the fainting couch because you are about to read the most offensive word in the English language. It is _so_ offensive, in fact,214 comments 145 Recs
- Here in California elected Republican officials are as rare as the desert tortoises they are always trying to delist. Still, the conservative anti-tax meme has dominated the state ever since boozy, ...578 comments 634 Recs
- Fair warning: I'm white and half Irish . I'm writing this from a position of white, male privilege and I can't do a damned thing ...11 comments 18 Recs
- 374 comments 299 Recs
- Dear Michael Moore: I read your diary . While I can't claim to be any kind of official representative of ...425 comments 307 Recs
- Nail, meet hammer. Dan Savage, the gay activist and organizer of the It Gets Better Project, slammed CNN today. Better yet, he was on ...166 comments 533 Recs
- According to court records, in early�1994 child predator Steven M. Sosinski�had his wages�garnished from his employer, which was listed at the time ...302 comments 270 Recs
- Prominent white conservatives are angry about racism. Forget all that talk about a post-racial society. They know better than to believe in such a thing, and they’re hopping mad.643 comments 825 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.