It is 12:40 AM EST and it s now time for PBO to claim victory. He has won OH and is ahead in VA, FL and NV. The first challenge of the POTUS 2nd term is to deal with Republican intransigence and refusal to recognize his presidency. No time better than now to take command and LEAD!!!!
I haven't seen this confirmed elsewhere yet, but it appears to be good news:
Philly Inquirer poll of likely voters in Pennsylvania: Obama 49%, Romney 43%— Mark Halperin (@MarkHalperin) October 27, 2012
PA has been "not in play" pretty much all year - despite having been termed a swing state at the outset of the cycle. Particularly with the success that Tea Party Tom is having in the race against Casey (making it a race), I had imagined RR would move into PA in the last week if only to boost the "mittmetum" narrative. Polls like this wlll keep them out!
UPDATE: Here's the link to the Inky article:
New PPP poll has NC tied on the strength of early voters. This turnaround all started with Biden's kickass performance in the debate and we been building ever since.
Our new North Carolina poll finds Barack Obama and Mitt Romney tied, with Obama leading 57/42 among early voters. Results coming up
10/20 to 10/23
Don't know anything about lake research (sound like they are from Ohio though -)
here's the link:
Apparently Time Mag has an Ohio poll out in a few minutes too.
Senate race tied. Details soon
Just out 51-47 -- same as last PPP poll. Good stuff!
Details in an update as soon as I get them!!!!
Let's dial that back a bit:
Looks like it was "in the field" a while: 9/19 - 10/17
Still, check it out
More evidence that the official 7.8% unemployment rate is not the wild outlier people initially thought.
This just in from Gallup:
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- U.S. unemployment, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment, is 7.3% in mid-October, down considerably from 7.9% at the end of September and at a new low since Gallup began collecting employment data in January 2010. Gallup's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate is 7.7%, also down from September. October's adjusted mid-month measure is also more than a percentage point lower than October 2011
Yeah, its a freakin Diary!
Simple dominance on every level. Foreign policy, tax policy, the social safety-net, personal experience, middle class values!
There was only one choice tonight.
Joe is THE MAN.
and yes - this is a diary! -)
Uninspired? Not a big Obama fan? Tempted to not canvass or GOTV? Tempted to vote 3rd party? WOndering if Moderate Mitt is the real answer to Multiple Choice Mitt?
Give me 76 seconds. Please.
Please flip for the conclusion
Not much to say. Everybody seems to have made up their minds
Yeah its a diary g-damnit - it speaks volumes!
Recommended by Mambo
- News from the Plains: All this RED can make you BLUE Smuggling my son into The Bahamas by Barry Friedman (No politics today) -April, 2008 I smuggled my son ...59 comments 187 Recs
- This will probably be a very short diary, but I wanted to let people here know what's going on in PA. I went to vote early this morning, and this is what happened.212 comments 408 Recs
- I've been looking at the forecast graphs at Fivethirtyeight the last couple of days. There's a point where Obama's probability of winning and of taking the electoral college makes a sharp turn from ...124 comments 353 Recs
- Bob Kerrey's return to the Senate is suddenly looking less ...133 comments 65 Recs
- Want to give Republicans an absolute heart attack? (more after the fold)...47 comments 125 Recs
- On the day after the foreign policy debate that polling showed was a decisive win for the President... ...and when 5 of 9 national polls moved in the President's direction... ...and when Nate ...27 comments 10 Recs
- So, Romney's team blew it, game theory wise. They got greedy and doubled down on debate 1 strategy and it blew up on their faces. In debate 1, Romney's team unveiled a bold, new strategy for ...8 comments 20 Recs
- Ugh. Fox "News" has sunk to a new low. I know, I know. They crawl under their own bar just about every single day. But this.... ...this just about takes the damned cake.37 comments 11 Recs
- On balance, I've liked Dana Milbank ever since he first appeared on the original Countdown . That said, I'll happily admit I've wanted to hit him upside the head more often than not the last four ...212 comments 516 Recs
- I love Twitter. Real time takedowns of Paul Ryan as Joe Biden unleashed HELL and more on the poor twit. And most importantly - the damage has been done. One of the key and overriding things about ...197 comments 388 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.