I woke up in front of TV mid way through the night and had some amusing thoughts about the debate mostly thanks to Romney, and shaking my head at the brlliance of the President. Let's see what the pundits are missing but I think will be picked up as we get further from the main event. My initial impression on the debate performances was Romney more aggressive with lies, Obama too laid back with the truth. To me Romney helped clarify....
Crime is down, Times Square is all a glitter and clean, people are nicer to strangers, tourists are everywhere, the Yankees and Mets have new stadiums. But where are the cabbies who give the middle finger as a sign of greeting? The charismatic politicians, the investment guys who made it without having the local politicians, and federal politicians and regulators in their pockets? The New Yorkers whom you dislike and Yankee fans whom you really hate. Where's the BRING IT ON....New York attitude?
Recommended by Missyjam
- From a friend helping the Coakley campaign, there is an URGENT need for canvassers in MA to flush out those last voters tonight. If you are in or near MA, please get to a staging location listed ...118 comments 306 Recs
- Before I left to drive I called the campaign to make sure I was still needed and they have changed strategy. They are now looking for people to canvass The campaign is asking people to ...180 comments 603 Recs
- Senator Sheldon Whitehouse , our Senator from Rhode Island.... spoke out yesterday on the Senate floor and the Elephants are raging!16 comments 25 Recs
- Last night President Obama made a very clear and compelling argument for health reform and clearly laid out his vision. That vision if enacted into law would be the biggest progressive policy ...36 comments 86 Recs
- I do not ask much here. This time I am beseeching you. Let me explain. Raul Grijalva is co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus. He has taken the lead on holding his members together on ...314 comments 969 Recs
- I'm sensing a familiar theme reminiscent of the campaign last summer creeping upon us and I think everyone needs to take a step back and look at the big picture. In other words, let's play a little ...11 comments 7 Recs
- You warned us from the beginning not to expect too much. You told us that you were a centrist. OK, we said. You are intelligent, you understand constitutional law, you are inspiring, you ...1199 comments 994 Recs
- The Democratic Alliance of Northwest Indiana ( DANI ) hosted a meeting with Rep. Pete Visclosky (D, IN-01), on Monday, Aug. 3, 6:30 PM. We invited the public and ...550 comments 1356 Recs
- Senators Durbin, Leahy and Schumer just created citizensforapublicoption.com , which already has 69,722 signatures as of 7am PST.261 comments 695 Recs
- Remember President Obama's first address to Congress in February? When he held up Ty'Sheoma Bethea's plea for help for her school, the 111-year-old, crumbling J.V. Martin Junior High School as part ...275 comments 629 Recs
- No current results.