An excellent PBS documentary, "What's Up With The Weather," interviewed a spokesman for Western Fuels Association. He said: "I understand that people get uneasy over the concept of more CO2 going into the air, but you can't live your life based on speculation. And we know today that using fossil fuels is a good thing. It leads to economic growth. It allows more people to live longer on Earth. These are- there are positive goods that come from using fossil fuels. There's a speculative `bad' that people are holding out there, saying, `Therefore, let's stop using fossil fuels.' And I think that's an imprudent approach."
"The new method involves running electricity through water that has a very high temperature. As the water molecule breaks up, a ceramic sieve separates the oxygen from the hydrogen. The resulting hydrogen has about half the energy value of the energy put into the process, the developers say. Such losses may be acceptable, or even desirable, because hydrogen for a nuclear reactor can be substituted for oil, which is imported and expensive, and because the basic fuel, uranium, is plentiful.
Recommended by Plan9
- The corporate media doesn't want you to see these images of massive lines across the country of people signing up for Obamacare. They want to bury the inconvenient truth. Whenever someone says ...321 comments 649 Recs
- via Mediaite There ...173 comments 56 Recs
- ALIENS It would be irresponsible not to speculate : ...389 comments 184 Recs
- Nobody can deny the fact that Christianity has played a huge role in our history. From the first Thanksgiving to the ideas of Jesus Christ that are embroidered in our culture today, Christianity and ...422 comments 808 Recs
- This is huge. See New York Times article, which (I think) wasn't yet published in time for any of the other diaries: Detection of Waves in Space Buttresses Landmark Theory of Big Bang. A ground-...18 comments 25 Recs
- Edge of ...215 comments 436 Recs
- Reposted on the anniversary of the assassination of Rev. King. MB This will be a very short diary. It will not contain any links or any scholarly references. It is about a very ...1030 comments 1686 Recs
- In amazing news , the White House is taking an aggressive move to educate about the effects of climate change by releasing a highly produced scientific video entitled, "The Polar Vortex Explained ...76 comments 170 Recs
- Teachers' hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work nine or ten months a year! It's time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do -- babysit! We can get that for ...276 comments 658 Recs
- (Click to enlarge) In his much-discussed column last week, David Brooks admitted to getting stoned in high school, but dismissed legalization, calling for a government that "subtly encourages the ...111 comments 114 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.