Sorry for the quick diary- didn't see any talk of this on the recent list.
It seems that a lot of people are being inspired by Cliven Bundy's patriotic refusal to acknowledge the government, and all kinds of Americans are coming out in support.
All Kinds of Americans.
There's been a lot of ( completely justified) freaking out over the Heartbleed Bug, which was recently unearthed in a popular bit of web server software called OpenSSl. This is a really serious problem- it created a huge security hole that could be exploited by hackers, and most disturbing, it would allow said hackers to steal information without leaving any traces in the server logs. In other words, there's absolutely no way to know if your system has been compromised, so the assumption must be that it has.
Yes, this is a great big computer security mess. Absolutely.
What this isn't is surveillance. This is a screw-up.
Not much of a diary, but I just saw this and it made me really happy for a minute. Thought I'd share.
Kossack Lenny Flank has written a great overview of the history of chemical and biological weaponry, going back to the earliest inter-state warfare. It's a great source of perspective as we talk about the Syria situation.
Read it. You'll learn something. Knowledge is Power.
In an interview with Canadian news magazine Maclean’s last week, Gil Kerlikowske, President Obama’s Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy, stated that despite recreational legalization in Washington and Colorado, they would still go after distributors and growers in both states.
"You’ll continue to see enforcement against distributors and large-scale growers as the Justice Department has outlined. They will use their limited resources on those groups and not on going after individual users," said Kerlikowske, who is also a former Seattle Police Chief.
Umm... this is brutal.
Stockman was Saint Ronnie's money guy, for those who don't still spit when we hear his name.
Please don't post non-relevant graphics in this diary, so we can keep it easy for dial-up users to open.
DO NOT rec this diary! Please REC the Liveblog Mothership 2.
Please use the first comment to post updates.
Responses to the first comment should be updates only.
These diaries are intended to provide an up-to-date emergency information and references for our many Gulf Coast Kossacks. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the hurricane. If you are trying to reach someone in the area of the storm, try text messaging. It often works when cell phones do not.
Hurricane Preparedness TIPS
Welcome to the debacle. Three cheers for Chris Dodd, Russ Feingold, and anyone else who stands with Dodd.
DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DIARY. RECOMMEND THE Mothership
You can watch patriotism and bullshit on
Don't rec this diary!
Rec her diary- it's acting as the Mothership!!
The House Judiciary Committee is now conducting a live hearing on the DOJ's Civil Rights Division's Voting Section.
The Voting Section has much been in the news lately, with allegations about interference in the 2004 Presidential election in Ohio which disenfranchised minority voters, disenfranchisement of minority voters in Georgia with ID requirements, internal discrimination against African-American employees and John Tanner's (the section head) belief that African-Americans die early.
What a circus.
Recommended by Remembering Jello
- Farming and gardening in the cold northern states can be a challenge. Buying seed and starting your own plants enables us to choose those unusual varieties not available at the big box stores ...37 comments 54 Recs
- The major media outlets, television, radio, the blogosphere, the Washington Post, the New York Times' estimable Adam Nagourney, Jack Healy and Nelson Schwartz have been reporting on California's ...123 comments 167 Recs
- Commentary: African American Scientists and Inventors by Black Kos Editor, Sephius1 James Edward Maceo West (born February 10, 1931 in Farmville, Prince Edward County, Virginia) is an American ...178 comments 68 Recs
- A few days ago I was asked to write a diary on the process of requesting and reviewing data for Kansas and Missouri in light of the DailyKos effort for the MBOPRA. In an effort to understand a lot ...5 comments 10 Recs
- Two bills are currently proposed in California that may dramatically affect vaccination rates. Anti-vaccine activists have mobilized against them. We, the majority of vaccinating parents, need to ...10 comments 8 Recs
- That's not my opinion. That's what the data says.287 comments 146 Recs
- So, I've been a bit busy the last few days and had little computer access. I've been browsing DK from my phone; mostly just the front page and not very often. Yesterday I saw the diary titled " Whoa.404 comments 218 Recs
- DC press now pretty much see itself as Hillary's Democratic primary opponent. — Eric Boehlert (@EricBoehlert) March 11, 2015 ...504 comments 100 Recs
- There has been justifiable outrage at the (not surprising) finding by the Department of Justice that the Ferguson police department and courts are profoundly and consistently racist in their ...19 comments 25 Recs
- The Supreme Court is now hearing arguments in King v. Burwell -- the meritless case that nonetheless compelled four Justices to accept it for hearing. The WSJ has a [live blog http://blogs.wsj.com/...15 comments 8 Recs
Remembering Jello's Tags
- No current results.
Remembering Jello's Blogroll
- No current results.