I was watching Rock Center on TV when it hit me. The segment was about the problems that they are having in the farming sector in Alabama. Now that illegal immigrants have fled, there is nobody to work the fields and do this back-breaking work, a fields are rotting away. Reporter Kate Snow spent time looking at the human side of this story about immigration policy, and the temporary use of prisoners to harvest these crops. But because of the reluctance/fear of calling out ALEC or any Koch Brothers actions in the conservative MSM (1), Ms. Snow’s segment fell far short of its informative potential
The Occupy Movement, as exemplified by OWS and emulated in so many cities worldwide shows me one thing—people are no longer satisfied to live a no longer livable life. Expressing the entire 99% concept and the way it frames the lives of so many was a major accomplishment. Perhaps you remember George Carlin ranting about why “Nobody Cares About You”. If not, please go to the footnote (1) and watch it on YouTube. You’ll swear it was written last night.
Or if you are old enough to remember William Holden in Network. “I’m a human being, god damn it, my life has value. So get up out of your chairs and go to the window, open it, then stick your head out and yell “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take this anymore!” (2)
This speech, which will be delivered by Dillon Culbreth on behalf of the Voters Legislative Transparency Project on the night of 10/29 at the Coffee Party's "Enough is Enough" rally. It is loosely based on an article published here on the Kos by MNdem999
Having been asked to do a blog about ALEC for the Coffee Party, I have the opportunity to bring a lot of people up to date who don't understand the history of ALEC. Those of you who have been reading and blogging about ALEC for a long time know how important it is to be able to understand the intricacies of the Cabal to see how they fit in (read: influence, meddle, manipulate) so much of what is happening not only in the U.S. but in the world at large.
Recommended by Ron1951
- It is time to shine a light on the strategies used by Democrats, and on the Democratic infrastructure that uses those strategies.402 comments 555 Recs
- So the point of the lawsuit against President Obama is becoming a little more clear. Remember, the suit isn't asking for any relief, an injunction on the law, a change in the law, or anything. They'...108 comments 93 Recs
- 82 comments 172 Recs
- Rounds admits he knew aide was headed to beef plant he'd just authorized $600,000 in state loans forMike Rounds, giving out loans like ...75 comments 79 Recs
- Why any ostensibly rational person living in Kentucky, Tennessee, the Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, or Louisiana who saw this map, and still would think their states' Republican leaders' ...419 comments 401 Recs
- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX)105 comments 63 Recs
- The costs of five years of wage cuts are adding up. For five years corporations have enlarged their profit by taking the money directly from the wages of their workers. However, that is a zero-sum ...86 comments 154 Recs
- Jennifer Odum, who's deceased toddler got one of the Koch's fake voter registration forms in North Carolina.44 comments 56 Recs
- Yep. Koch owns us.28 comments 36 Recs
- Let's get rid of Husted once and for all. Help elect Nina Turner.28 comments 57 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.