I'm going to keep this short, but after watch the mobilization of troops, massing to attack the Russian barricades, I can't help but think they are playing into Putin's hands. Putin wants these targets to be attacked and I have to ask if the solution to the problem can be virtually non-violent? Just because someone has taken over a building and hung a foreign flag, must that violent action be met with more violence?
Ok, I am perhaps too furious at listening to the types that tell us that we can't raise the Cap on taxable earnings for Social Security above the 110K threshold.
Tonight, I listened to Jonathan Alter on "All in with Chris Hayes" say it wasn't going to happen. Then, I listened to David Axelrod parrot the Pete Peterson dogma that something had to be done about Medicare and Social Security, which we all know is code for cut benefits. After Rachel suggested raising the cap, he dismissed the idea out of hand.
But why should this be?
Scott Walker's getting desperate. When he sends out fundraising letters to the likes of me, you know he's grasping at straws. I haven't diared here before and am an old fart who looks around and comments on other diaries. Yes, I've been angry at Obama, but look below at what Scott Walker's saying. He's trying to tie Obama to his mis guided attacks on Unions.
Recommended by Russron
- No, I'm not making a prediction. She hasn't lost the nomination battle for 2016, not yet anyway. However what she did do today, or what I should more accurately say, is she lost my respect. Back ...520 comments 297 Recs
- Karen Lewis has a lot to smile about these days Things are starting to heat up in Chicago, and it's not the temperature. Rahm "F-ing R****" Emanuel, Mayor of the city that I love, is finding ...216 comments 224 Recs
- The Urban Dictionary defines the term “Obama Derangement Syndrome” as follows: “The acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the statements -- nay -- the ...66 comments 153 Recs
- Cross posted at Hillbilly Report . I received the following from Ron Leach Democratic candidate for Kentucky's 2nd Congressional district and it's awesome! "It is one thing to safely give stump ...76 comments 433 Recs
- Long-term unemployment remains stubbornly high, with 4.1 million people , or 36.1 percent of those ...96 comments 49 Recs
- Not every senior citizen in this country are filled with finances and good fortune. Many are widows or widowers who lost incomes when spouses died or when illness ravaged them with medical costs ...25 comments 44 Recs
- Whoa--strong pledge from Pelosi just now: "We cannot sign a budget agreement that does not include unemployment ...18 comments 83 Recs
- Today it took me 48 minutes to breeze through the healthcare.gov website and hopefully come January 1, 2014, I will have something that has eluded me for the past 13 years. I still refuse to fully ...169 comments 321 Recs
- I spent yesterday with a man who was given a 27 years to life sentence. The crimes were serious, but not violent and it was a shock when the sentence was handed out back in the last years of the ...41 comments 136 Recs
- Did you notice? Did you see what happened when everyone was complaining about a website? Single-payer got started in America. Vermont is using authority granted under the Affordable Care Act to ...560 comments 570 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.