I didn't think Biden had it in him.
May I recommend the following strategies for getting over the latest fever swamp of doomsterism:
I like many others here were rather "surprised" when I heard that Roberts voted with the liberal block to uphold the ACA. Not on the points of law, mind you, but the law has been rather malleable this session to fit the Chamber of Commerce's agenda.
August 2nd, 2011:
Ladies and Gentlemen, my fellow Americans:
As you may have heard, the last few months have been filled with negotiations in regard to our spending, the so called "debt ceiling." It has been a passionate debate, and one that is vital to the financial health for our great nation. However, in spite of numerous attempts to compromise, the Republican leadership in the House of Representatives has refused to act in good faith. They have put their own ideology over the good of the nation. As such, I am forced to take steps that I had hoped that I would not have to do. I am speaking to the American people to explain my actions.
I want an effective one.
I feel that the McCain campaign in future years will be studied as a model case of panicking, overcompensation, and ineptitude.
Recommended by Rustbelt Dem
- Well, well,....Democratic Underground have been lifting some rocks and finding some very nasty things lurking under them... You may have seen their initial report, but if not [here it ishttp://www....123 comments 199 Recs
- It looks like there are some reverse coattails going on in Arizona. This independent poll was taken from Oct 4 -10 so all post-debate. Obama leads Romney 44-42. Carmona leads Flake 44 to 40. ...355 comments 176 Recs
- The poll was taken yesterday. 48-46 Obama Likely ...80 comments 35 Recs
- It's nice to know that there's something watching over us at all times, controlling our destiny. WE LOVE YOU TOO, UNMANNED MILITARY DRONES! A headline said "Radical Cleric Extradited to U.S." As if ...8 comments 31 Recs
- After just watching the debate, I have a very different take. Frankly I do not agree with all the hand wringing and gnashing of teeth about President Obama's performance. Nor the universal ...502 comments 444 Recs
- Call for the fainting couch! Pearls for clutching! You're going to have to pardon a bit of a rant but, after watching the reaction to the first presidential debate yesterday and reading/listening to ...649 comments 902 Recs
- I thought that President Obama was very presidential, but Mitt Romney really did dominate the debate through his constant lying, interruption of the moderator, and insisting on having the last word. ...146 comments 125 Recs
- Romney spewed more lies tonight than any of us could possibly list, but the journalists will be poring over them for the next week, and matching them up with Romney's previous statements. Obama hung ...629 comments 592 Recs
- I watched the whole thing. Yes, Romney did pretty well, aside from fighting with Lehrer for half the night. Yes, Lehrer was essentially useless. No, Romney didn't make any major fuck-ups, aside from:298 comments 284 Recs
- I've hesitated to post this because I know that numerous examples can be found of me violating my own advice – but then that is how people learn. Please forgive my hypocrisy. I'm speaking to ...159 comments 281 Recs