I wrote my last diary almost 14 months ago, in November of 2012. It was election day. I wrote a diary about PA Voter Intimidation based on my experience at my polling place. I actually made the Rec List, which really surprised me. So here we are 14 months later, and I'm happy to finally write another diary about how that's not going to happen again for a while at my polling station.
This will probably be a very short diary, but I wanted to let people here know what's going on in PA. I went to vote early this morning, and this is what happened.
I’m sure that by now most people have seen today’s Gallup National Tracking Poll that shows Romney ahead of Obama 51-45. They had Romney up 50-46 yesterday. There were no cross-tabs to look at for today’s number, but there were cross-tabs for yesterday’s results. I want to take a closer look at the geographic cross-tabs and the weighting they give to each region.
I was in bed last night catching up on Facebook for the day, and for some reason there was a lot of political noise in the status updates. Most of them were anti-Obama. It's still somewhat amusing to me that none of them are actually pro-Romney.
I came across a particularly awful one from a friend of mine in Texas and I told my wife how down I was getting about so many people being anti-Obama for absolutely no reason. I was about to go on a longer tirade, but she stopped me and said there was something one of her friends wrote that I needed to read. She said her friend updated her blog with an open letter to President Obama. Her blog can be found here. Please take a minute to either go to her blog to read this, since I think it helps her if she gets additional traffic, or read the letter in its entirety over the orange squiggle. It really got me out of the idiotic status update blues.
I hate to beat this topic into the ground, but really, if Romney can't be open and honest with the American people regarding something that should be relatively simple, what can we trust him to be open and honest about? At this point it is very obvious that he's hiding something that could disqualify his candidacy. He has no spine, so there is no reason to think this is really a stand on principles. He'd throw his principles in the toilet and piss on him if he thought it would get him a few more votes.
So with all of that in mind, I thought I would just throw one more idea out there and hopefully someone far smarter and more resourceful than I can either say for sure that this idea just speculation, or that there could be much more to it.
Follow me over the squiggle.
I suppose I am following Mitt Romney's Bain mess like everyone else who frequents the Kos. What struck me is that regardless of when Mitt actually left Bain is almost irrelevant at this point. I believe he has committed a felony regardless of his departure date. If my assumptions are correct, then I'm wondering why the MSM hasn't made this simple case to the general public instead of saying it's a he said/she said issue. Follow me over Mitt's prison bar for my logic, and feel free to correct/flame me if my assumptions are incorrect.
Ok, so anyone who has ever purchased tickets to anything through Ticketmaster probably already knows this outfit is a scam from start to finish. The best seats are never available to the public, the fees are outrageous, and they essentially have a monopoly on the ticket purchasing industry. Today, however, they have hit a new low. Even for them this is disgraceful. This will likely be more of a short tirade and a request for information and help than an actual diary, but I thought I would get this story out there in case there is any recourse, or just to make people aware what is occurring.
Ok, so I go onto First Read this afternoon and find this.
While I was entertained by a group led by Pat Toomey attacking John McCain, I found some of the content a little disturbing.
I was flipping through my usual web pages at lunch and I came across this little gem on Yahoo.
Apparently the writer (David Freddoso) and the publisher (Marjory Ross of Regnery Publishing) are teaming up again to "swift boat" Obama as they did with Senator Kerry.
Chuck Todd has a story today on First Read that says there is a potential compromise in the works. The details are below.
I was just reading an article by Albert R. Hunt on Bloomberg.com. I really hate to beat him over the head because the article was reasonably fair. That is a very diffuclt thing to find in the media these days since everyone seems obsessed with trying to keep the Democratic primary going. I suppose I can see their point since no one will be paying attention to these guys and gals once the nomination is settled.
Recommended by Spot Cat
- by Alec Kohut After the disgusting display of a Confederate battle flag outside the White House during a rally hosted by Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin (neither of which at the time, nor since have ...20 comments 23 Recs
- In the world of politics, those who become powerful don’t always have the best interests of their people in their hearts and minds. Sometimes, political leaders are seeking to enhance their own ...7 comments 38 Recs
- Stop me if you've heard this one, as it's been all over the news. I'll sum up your average report on the net: "In an example of European socialism-totalitarianism run amock, Iceland won't even let ...411 comments 361 Recs
- Estimating the economic well-being of American Indians is a complex task. In general, American Indians tend to have higher poverty rates, higher unemployment rates, and lower educational ...191 comments 191 Recs
- In all the celebrating, gloating and pure entertainment of the GOP internal war going on since the re-election of President Obama, the key to the sweetness of this victory for me, isn't being talked ...322 comments 680 Recs
- This Politico article is awesome. In it we got donors bitching they were lied to. Their money stolen. Essentially they're saying they were victims of consumer fraud. Their donations taken from them ...445 comments 619 Recs
- ... and yes Ohio really did go to President Obama last night,28 comments 53 Recs
- In the midst of a national emergency taking place on the East Coast, the GOP and John Sidney McCain have hit a new low according to NBCNews The 2008 GOP presidential nominee focused his remarks on ...46 comments 30 Recs
- It's really been chapping my * the media is ignoring the Jeep to China lie that Romney's been spinning and now advertising on the airwaves in Ohio. The MSM has decided a bald faced lie and scare ...45 comments 303 Recs
- Just heard this on Thom Hartmann' s show and almost fell out of my chair: Proposed bill: prove you child is the result of a rape or get your benefits cut!9 comments 8 Recs
Spot Cat's Tags
- No current results.
Spot Cat's Blogroll
- No current results.