I am not a lawyer. I do not play one on television or on the inter-tubes. I do not have a detailed understanding of international law or the Geneva Conventions or the laws of war. So, with that limited understanding, I have been trying to 'wrap my head', so to speak, around the reluctance by the Obama administration and the current congress to investigate the previous administration for suspected war crimes and other alleged illegal actions. I tend to rely on illustrative analogy to understand things or to explain or make a point. I will attempt to do so now.
The recent actions by one Iraqi journalist have inspired me to start a campaign. Almost everyone has an old pair of shoes. I'm sending one to;
Worst President Ever
1600 Pennsylvania Ave
Full Rant over the fold.
Wisconsin AG, JB Van Hollen, wants to hassle up to 1 million newly registered voters. Of course, he's a Republican and the state Co-chair of the John McCain Campaign but he insists this is a matter purely of law enforcement. He's so very concerned that a few dozen people with out IDs or Addresses might cast a vote without clearly being legally registered that he's willing to risk incorrectly invalidating tens of thousands of registrations, potentially disenfranchising hundreds or thousands just by confusion alone.
JB Van Hollen, Wisconsin Attorney General and state co-chair for the McCain Campaign, wants to impede or disqualify new voters. Under the guise of reducing voter ‘fraud’, Van Hollen wants to challenge all voter registrations made since Jan 01, 2006. I fed the Google "McCain Campaign Wisconsin Co-Chair" (without "" of course) and got multiple references to Van Hollen being McCain's WI Co-chair. Couldn't find a link on JohnMcCain.com but, you know, those intertubes...
I just spent two days in the reddest state in the Midwest. Home of the Hoosiers, the great 'In God We Trust' state of Indiana. Which may not be as red as I once thought.
I finally figured out who Caribou Barbie reminds me of.
Did you see the video 'tribute' to 9/11..? Did it scare you? Sicken you? It was supposed to. The Republican party is still pedaling the meme of Divinely Ordained America and the Holy Crusade of Democracy!
Doesn't make much sense does it. Has oil under American shores suddenly been Nationalized so that it drives down the price of gas at home? No, no, no. To make sense of this mantra we have to do the Maths:
2 Drill Here
2 Drill Now
4 BIG OIL
That's how it adds up. I'll explain the equation over the fold.
I understand conviction. I understand sticking to your principles. I understand grit and determination. I don’t understand some hard headed people that ignore the opinion of others. I don’t understand the rationale behind these ‘so called’ conservatives who think that they know what is best for everyone or that their heavy handedness is some kind of tough love.
I'm new to Blogging. I have read the diary rules but I'm still learning the ground rules for this community. I have no intention, at this time, of ever running for public office. I do not want to go under that microscope. However, I thought I would like to put together a platform, of sorts. Perhaps someone does want to know how I feel on certain issues...
Recommended by StephanM
- Dear Family and Friends, I'm sorry it had to end this way but it was my fate. I couldn't handle life anymore. You see, the reason I ran away before to commit suicide is the same ...508 comments 188 Recs
- Oakland BART Police made news in the Bay Area shooting of Oscar Grant,on New Year's Eve inside the Fruitvale Bart Station. Oscar Grant was apparently being subdued on the floor when police officers ...1420 comments 608 Recs
- For decades, Americans have been told to be afraid of one thing after another. We were told to be afraid of Communists. We were told to be afraid of racial desegregation. We were told to be ...366 comments 640 Recs
- By Nicole Kief, State Strategist, ACLU Racial Justice Program This election season, untold numbers of eligible voters are at serious risk of being denied access to the polls. Are ...6 comments 16 Recs
- I am quite aware the theater is on fire, but everyone seems to be running towards a locked exit. I will keep screaming and pointing towards the open door to the left, but for now let me show you the ...547 comments 1158 Recs
- This is probably a strange diary coming from with a Buddhist moniker. But, being both well-versed in scripture and the hypocrisy of the "religious" right, I couldn't let ...17 comments 16 Recs
- I want to thank this community for bringing attention to the Dayton Mosque terrorist incident that has received a media blackout as far as we can tell. Except for this: http://www.daytondailynews....421 comments 1049 Recs
- 4632 comments 127 Recs
- At the Clinton Global Initiative Conference today, the former Vice President called for civil disobedience to stop the building of new coal facilities.348 comments 475 Recs
- Today in Cincinnati, Joe Biden delivered the most lucid and powerful argument for Obama as Commander in Chief over John McCain that I've ever heard articulated by anyone. He laid out in meticulous ...239 comments 370 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.