I, too, have a name that can be twisted into not-so-polite anatomical references. Although my skin is not orange, and I don't drink hard liquor, I do cry. I cry when I drive to work. I cry when I hear music. I cry at plays. I cry at movies. I even cry watching TV. Not in loud boo-hoos, but just tearing up. Sometimes I think I'm tearing up at all the injustices I hear about (I work for a public radio news station); sometimes I think I cry in wonder at the beauty of the universe, the "gift of sound and vision," as David Bowie put it. I have a few thoughts below the Danish pastry.
I have no idea why Democrats allowed the GOP to come up with the ridiculous "tax and spend" label to condemn their party. Particularly when a GOP president started a couple wars without raising any money for them.
We should have started the meme of "Borrow and Spend Republicans." Any householder knows the risks of borrowing with no clear means to pay back the loan.
Our new meme should be "Borrow and Spend Republicans" vs. "Tax and Mend" Democrats. We should be proud that we pay taxes to mend the American infrastructure.
Something about the sorry contextual lapse of 24 hour headline mongering has left the longer history out of this business of compromise. More below the salt shaker.
I'm a wannabe cartoonist and child of the funnies. I know when Walt Kelly changed from a liberal to a reactionary. I cherish Herblock. For the record, I noticed that a conservative-leaning cartoonist drank Rove's Kool-Aid about a Romney victory. More after the graphic curly-cue.
This is my first diary. I'm a quite new member, and I am happy with this community. I do, however, find myself taken aback to the fairly common scatological metaphors I read in diaries and comments. In my writing I have preferred to find less-used metaphors or more accurate language. However, after reflection, I must admit that "asshole" is indeed a quite accurate metaphor for Mitt Romney. Keep reading after the fold.
Recommended by Sweet Endolphins Heal
- Thank you, Mr. President. Others may call it grandstanding. I call it "leadership." This is the most comprehensive gun violence and safety proposal in decades. Not all of it will pass (and ...127 comments 186 Recs
- Yesterday I finished reading--and rereading--a remarkable book my wife gave me for Christmas, a book called Proof of Heaven by Dr. Eben Alexander, which for weeks has been high on the New York Times ...664 comments 84 Recs
- Details are obviously still emerging, but it appears that perhaps nearly 20 people, including many young children, were murdered in cold blood today in Connecticut by a man wielding a semi-...163 comments 238 Recs
- Young children wait outside Sandy Hook Elementary School ...262 comments 79 Recs
- But First, A Word From Our Sponsor:163 comments 62 Recs
- Like everyone in my purple state of Virginia, I have friends, acquaintances, and business colleagues of both Democratic and Republican bent, liberal and conservative. Now most but by no means all ...257 comments 326 Recs
- Full transcript Republican House Speaker John Boehner might be insisting on holding middle-class tax cuts hostage, but that doesn't mean President Obama is about to accept Boehner's ...102 comments 54 Recs
- Why the media thinks the GOP lost The media reporting about why the GOP lost the presidency and many down-ballot contests shows no sign of decreasing. Below is my two cents. Since Nov 6, 2012 ...105 comments 168 Recs
- On the day before Thanksgiving, the New York Times ran an editorial called " A Broken Election System ." The last section had proposals for diluting the power of money in the political campaigns, ...8 comments 16 Recs
- I received this e-mail from a trusted friend (former state Supreme Court executive) and unsuccessfully tried to identify the author. No matter. It really stands on its own for its sentiment. I ...76 comments 411 Recs
Sweet Endolphins Heal's Tags
- No current results.
Sweet Endolphins Heal's Blogroll
- No current results.