Recently, I left a job with employer provided insurance to venture out on my own. And the health insurance nightmare has shown why we need Obamacare.
Years ago I admired Dick Morris. And now, well, over the squiggle of Morris' morals.
I have employer health insurance. And it has made me a captive to a job I hate. Our system of insurance ties us to jobs solely because our system mandates it. More after the fold.
Here's what i posted everywhere I could on Facebook.
Ok, not overtly political diary. I have a son on the way. Looking for a name. Ideally some sort of political and literary connection. Been pounding my head on a wall, so I thought I would come for advice to those whose opinion I trust. Anyone have any ideas?
UPDATE: Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. My fiancee and I discussed a number of the names today. No decision yet, but we still have time.
Thousands upon thousands of political analysts of all political stripes have and will analyze, pick apart, discuss, and argue about the debt deal. And there will be thousands of divergent opinions. Here's mine: we do not know what this deal will do. No one does. No one can.
Ok, that is it. That is enough. No more will I sit here I read them. The GBCW diaries are just plain offensive to anyone who has ever written an actual GBCW letter or, more accurately, a suicide note. Someone who has written an actual, goodbye letter or note to loved ones. So, kindly, if you think the community needs to know why you are leaving and want to cast it as GBCW, please STFU. Too many people write real GBCW letters every day, and the "bye DailyKos" diaries here just diminish those.
I have read many a diary and/or comment that, on one level or another, amounted to a call to violence.
It is never appropriate to advocate violence. Never.
I seem like a bastard. I may be a bastard. Fair enough, YMMV. But, this is what I think of Libya.
I am wondering about the new MoJo system. And I doubt I am the only one. So, follow me to the depths below the fold to my question.
I, like many, have been following the Wisconsin (revolt? situation? protest?) with great interest. And watching how the similar states (FL, OH, etc.) are treading in light of the same. And, I am simply incredulous.
What I have to ask is how anyone could support the Republican position? I mean, ok, good god, really?
This idea has been touched upon (or discussed) in various other diaries. That said, a central post is a good idea. To asses other discussion here are these diaries can be read via: http://www.dailykos.com/...
I highly recommend you do so. And then post below.
Recommended by TexDemAtty
- Those aren't Scooby Snacks! /Previously in The Fourth Amendment and You/: Supreme Court says slapping a GPS onto your Jeep Grand Cherokee is a "search" because it's on your property; also ...66 comments 76 Recs
- What has Fox News come to? Yesterday on The O'Reilly Factor , Bill O got into a discussion with Megyn Kelly about the Prop 8 hearing. In just under two minutes they managed to alienate a large ...182 comments 180 Recs
- (Note: I did not address this missive to "Firearms Enthusiasts," "Hunters," "Strict Constitutionalists" or "Concerned Homeowners.")202 comments 247 Recs
- Earlier I mocked Rep. Virginia Foxx for this tweet:94 comments 148 Recs
- I was simultaneously disgusted and amused today to learn that you don't support marriage equality. Let me tell you why. You're in your early 30s. You're white. You were a teenage mom. You came up ...151 comments 589 Recs
- This, apparently, is Mr. Weatherford's definition of The Golden Rule Florida House Speaker Will Weatherford is a rising star in conservative political circles. Yesterday, the 33-year-old Republican ...90 comments 122 Recs
- John Asshat McCain says that Rand Paul's notable talking filibuster over the Administration's drone policy could lead to...gasp...rules that require a talking filibuster:146 comments 154 Recs
- Harris County is Houston, known better to you and I as the American death penalty capital. But I'm not writing about state-sponsored punishment today. I want to write about something else, and that'64 comments 167 Recs
- Spanish people are lazy AND stealing all the jobs. At the same time. Lazy, but also taking all the jobs because they work so much AND because they are lazy. Are you following me? If we give all the ...145 comments 261 Recs
- A high school teacher tells college educators what they can expect in the wake of No Child Left Behind and Race to the Top. Reprinted with permission from the January-February issue of Academe, the ...188 comments 261 Recs