Today I saw the real story behind the old lady who sued McDonalds over hot coffee that she purchased at the drive thru and spilled on her lap. I remember the story and how it was such a big deal.
I think we really need to put this idea in trash bin where it belongs. I keep seeing this proposal floated in comments on gun related diaries and I think it is just plain foolish.
Sung to the tune of "If I only had a brain"
Marco Rubio started out his speech talking about his parents and how they gave him a wonderful opportunity by working their way into the middle class, his father as a Bartender, his mother as a cashier and maid. Sounds great doesn't it.
Sure, but they didn't do this last year. Think about that story in terms of today.
I just read a diary directing me me to a blog post by a Vanity Fair writer about the republicans.There are 2 quotes that stand out to me in that blog and that I think summarize the majorities thinking about how the GOP is behaving and how it relates to President Obama.
But in the last four years, the GOP has transmogrified into something ugly and vicious and, more important, something wedded to the politics of fantasy and ignorance.
Blind rage at the election of Barack Obama has wrecked a once great political party.We all seem to think that this all started in 2008 with the election of Obama, and many believe it's because he is an African American.
I would like to disagree.
Look, I think everyone is being too hard on Mitt with respect to when he left Bain.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know there is all this documentation that would seem to indicate Mitt was active at Bain after 1999. But Mitt says it ain't so.
I think Mitt deserves some slack.
You know, the same slack everyone else gets.
Al Franken is in and I am supporting him for the U.S. Senate. It does not matter that I am from Oregon, he's running to be a U.S. Senator and I live in the United States of America.
I'm curious about how we Kossacks are supporting our candidates at this point. For myself I will say that the person I really want decided not to run. The next person has not fully declared intent, so I am supporting my 3rd choice. I have actually given a small donation to the campaign of my 3rd choice with more to follow as the races play out.
Now, before you Hillary fans get your panties all in a wad allow me to explain. I am not a Hillary hater, I have other preferences for president, but I would take Hillary over any republican any day. And I don't say it will be bad because I believe that if Hillary wins the nomination she will not win the Presidency, I think she could very well win. So follow me below the jump and allow me explain.
I just heard a story on NPR where they mentioned how Condi and Co. are out trying to sell Shrub's "New Way Forward". What stood out for me is where they stated that Condi indicated they expanding the rebuilding teams from 9 to 18 and they will need to start getting out of the green zone. Well I know what that means . . .
If George Bush thinks that this war is so necessary and just, I think he should put his body where his mouth is. We all see the pictures of Shrub, running, biking, clearing brush, falling off a segway. etc. The man is in fine shape. Good enough shape to put on some boots, fatigues, and a helmet and pick up an M-16 and go on patrol in Anbar province.
How about Dick Cheney?
Seems obvious to me.
Just before his term expires Bush pardons Cheney.
Then Bush resigns and Cheney pardons Bush.
Cheney probably also pardons a host of others including Rumsfeld, Libby, Rice, . . .
but wait, there's more!
Recommended by TiredOfGOPLies
- You have the right to be tasered. For reasons unknown, Florida police tasered an elderly man who was surrendering and hand his hands up. The scene was captured by ...187 comments 158 Recs
- UPDATE: Just read this story in Salon The Atlantic which gives further details regarding the Homan Square site in an interview of Tracy Siska, executive director of the Chicago Justice Project who ...313 comments 408 Recs
- The United States has a police brutality problem. Beyond the reality that the United States incarcerates more people than any other nation in the world,131 comments 176 Recs
- A 22-year veteran of the White Plains, NY police force used his gun to murder his two teen-aged daughters, shoot his three family pet dogs, and then kill himself Saturday (news report here: http://...263 comments 146 Recs
- I had to drive 200 miles yesterday in the downpour. Sheets of rain, high spray, the Skagit high against the banks, Lake Samish looking...large...even from the road. Listening to the NPR. Voice ...230 comments 456 Recs
- [Just for the sake of clarity I'm not talking about "all" cops. Or the Cop who helps an old lady with her groceries, or gets the cat out of the tree, or is kind to his dog - that's the easy stuff. I'192 comments 168 Recs
- Five of 39 guns "forgotten" by their owners and found by TSA agents at airports across the country, Oct. 10-16. A total of 268 guns were discovered since the last GunFAIL list was published in mid-...24 comments 53 Recs
- How to divide by zero There is a mathematical fact that you can not divide by zero. Why? Because everything multiplied by zero results in zero. So when you try to divide by zero you will never ...90 comments 139 Recs
- Author's Note: As most of you know, I have written on race, criminal justice, and politics here at DailyKos for more than two years. While I will continue to contribute to this community, I have ...14 comments 25 Recs
- "What did you do to piss god off so much he killed your child?" My mother-in-law carried those words to her grave. Her second child died a few days after birth from a heart defect. That was how her ...190 comments 404 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.