Hailey Idaho mayor has had to cancel planned festivities for the return of their native son after receiving many disturbing calls voicing disfavor for the (long) planned event. According to the mayor, one such call came from Texas where a man purporting to represent veteran’s organizations promised to come to Hailey with more than 2,000 vets to stop the planned parade. See below the fold for snarkalicious rumination.
Like many here I am a junky of polls, Wang and Natey. I am sure my digitizing has been done better by others. But fallow the exploding chad below to see my calculation to sanity.
Near the end of the debate the moderator told Ryan to calm down. I would hope someone here with better diary skills than mine could launch this into the memeosphere to counter all the fucking bullshit on fox.
In his acceptance speech at the GOP convention, Governor Romney failed to even mention our nation's troops in the field. In his recent "major" speech on foreign policy, he failed to even mention the word diplomacy.
I think an additional tack can be made not just about the obvious lies and self contradictions by Romney/Ryan - for sometimes you realize even more about a person by what they do not say.
You can tell even more by what they fail to even recognize.
I deeply hope Team O can drive this meme home in the next few days.
A "major" address on foreign policy that doesn't even mention the word diplomacy. And acceptance speech at the GOP convention that fails to recognize our troops, even in passing.
If neither of those words even warrant mention in the mind of the man who would be Commander-In-Chief, then the voters of this great country need to take pause and ask why. Why would a man who would be president fail to even think of diplomacy or our troops who are in harm's way.
The closer we get to election day, the more attention people pay. Governor Romney has shown that his focus lies elsewhere than on the wellfare of our troops and the proper conduct of foreign diplomacy.
Aloof disregard for the military and careless cheap shots will not make the world a safer place to live.
I dont have a 5 trillion dollar deficit. I love everybody. I never was a draft dodger. I was John McCain's co-pilot. I wasn't in the Paris Hilton, it was the Hanoi Hilton. Please read on below my thought cloud or malleable truthiness.
Whew…everyone was concerned what the market would do if the debt ceiling was not raised. Thankfully, at the eleventh hour, the debt ceiling was raised thanks to a piece of legislation that was crafted by the most Orwellian/Faustian political process this county has ever witnessed in regards to a major piece of legislation. We were all worried about how we would survive the latest disaster capitalism could throw at us to make us surrender even more of what we have fought hard over for the last three generations. Nobody seemed to wonder what would happen if it did rise.
What happened today is perhaps a breaking point, but we must stand hard and fast to assure that we do not contribute to the kind of ignorant incivility that increasingly infects our public discourse. I can't call it over-reacting, but I will say that their have been more than a few poor choices of words here, no matter how angry anyone feels.
My own tongue is bleeding for the biting of it I am at now....
There is a lot of talk of "moving to the center" which really means moving away from everything the democratic party once stood for. However, politics more and more is like advertising and focuses only on what sells. We are convinced to buy things we don't need without even knowing what they are. Rather than convincing us of what the right thing to do is, what the right path to take is, we are just sold a lot of slop. As is the fold below...
It is crazy.
Balanced against what Biden says, it's like what...what did Nabakov say about comparing his own writig to that of Shakespeare...like comparing a candle to the sun. But Sara doesn't even have a wick...she is just a lump of cold, thoughtless, wax.
Much has been made of the alleged Kantor statement on the YouTube clip from the War Room. At this stage it is unlikely that anyone will be able to definitively prove exactly what he said. And, in regards to this election, it is meaningless in terms of the issues.
Last night I was watching MSNBC to see how the netties played the post Hillary win. I like the MSNBC panel because Rachel Maddow is on it and because of her ongoing love triangle with those two Obermensch Joe (the Killer) Scarborough and Pat (Dr. Strangelove) Buchanan. While Rachel was trying to make a reasonable point that losing in PA to Clinton in the primary did not equate to losing to McCain in PA in November, Herr Fossil let slip a nasty snide.
Rabid HRC folk and rabid Obama folk are doing McCain's work for him. The charge, the counter charge, this poll, that poll, I won't vote if she wins or he wins. It is really stupid, like reading the stoned ramblings of hack writers for Celebrity Death Match.
Recommended by Tony McArthur
- And you can bet it's the same reason the Senate report on Torture hasn't yet been released. The CIA far exceeded their own definition of 'waterboarding' with at least two or more high-profile ...152 comments 341 Recs
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker followed his Tea Party brethren in trying to mess up the Affordable Care Act, refusing Medicaid expansion and funds to set up a statewide exchange. Instead, he ...28 comments 104 Recs
- If you're wondering why the Drunk Weepy Oompa-Loompa and the rest of the House GOP "leadership" seems to be grabbing at any hairbrained scheme they can think of , it may be because they may not have ...27 comments 35 Recs
- Apparently the Conspiracy Right, which can be differentiated from the Normal Right by, apparently, nothing, has latched onto the notion that the Navy Yard shootings happened because of President ...82 comments 60 Recs
- I didn't see this diaried last night, so here it is: A Lake County Judge has ruled Indiana's Right-To-Work Law Unconstitutional. This is unbelievably huge news and a victory for Labor. Judge ...158 comments 435 Recs
- After watching the appalling "Going all Godwin" display of the last few days. After many saying all roads lead through Moscow to get the job done Some are trying to make this out as a peacenik ...795 comments 191 Recs
- General Michael Hayden served as George W. Bush's Director of the NSA for five years. During much of that time, Hayden oversaw " the terrorist surveillance program ," which – after an executive ...179 comments 152 Recs
- Well, let me make one exception... That's not totally accurate since there are many who still think we live in a democracy, view the world through a partisan prism, and trust the government. So if ...373 comments 157 Recs
- An excellent article by Glenn Greenwald that reveals the real face of the democratic establishment. Democratic establishment unmasked: prime defenders of NSA bulk spying. The Obama administration ...533 comments 201 Recs
- Over the last 24 hours, we've seen dozens of high-profile politicians in both parties step before the microphone, each obediently repeating the words that they have been given to speak: "Edward ...675 comments 270 Recs
Tony McArthur's Tags
- No current results.
Tony McArthur's Blogroll
- No current results.