My first thought was that it was a push poll. I got one of those last month. This one was different.
Help! My kid is starting kindergarten this fall and have to send in a school choice application. I've never done this before and I'm feeling at a loss. Our public school district has a number of good magnet schools to choose from. The two at the top of my list are a Montessori school and one that offers an International Baccalaureate program.
I am hoping that there are some parents here on DKos who have experience with one or the other of these two types and can offer me advise. Good or bad, I'm interested in your experiences.
As some one who has been a Pagan since 1991, I can tell you that metaphorically speaking I weigh the same as a duck and Christine does not.
This Monty Python and the Holy Grail scene about how to tell a witch is famously funny but how can you really tell who can claim to be a witch and who cannot?
Follow me over the jump and I'll discuss a few definitions of what a witch is and why O'Donnell isn't one.
I just don't always know what to do about it. My daughter and I were on the bus and an older couple sits down next to us. And the woman says to me "Why don't they learn English when they come to this country? They should learn English."
Recommended by Toon
- On October 9, 2013, in Ferguson, Missouri, a pregnant woman was pulled over while driving for having expired tags on her license plate. While pulled over, the name on her license didn't match the ...135 comments 192 Recs
- It all started with a Constitution that allowed slavery to continue unmolested in the Southern states, only limiting the importation of additional slaves after 1808. In addition to requiring the ...296 comments 425 Recs
- The U.S. Census Bureau has announced that the poverty rate declined in 2013, falling from 15% of Americans to 14.5%. This is the first decline since 2006. Pop the cork on the champagne, boys! This ...139 comments 196 Recs
- From Think Progress : Will’s column is syndicated in newspapers across the country by the Washington Post, which bills him as “the most influential writer in America.” The St. Louis Post-...170 comments 641 Recs
- You don't have to be George Lakoff to understand how misframing a statement with imprecise language can be harmful to your argument. Right now there is a diary on the Rec List that claims the ...165 comments 445 Recs
- You know how the Catholic Church is always going on and on ... and _on_ and freakin' _on_ ... about the sanctity of life and also a bunch of vague concepts about liberty 'n stuff? We can't have ...238 comments 607 Recs
- This diary is not another attempt to discuss the ways in which the Republic party uses emotionally charged social issues to co-opt the low-income religious voting block. That topic is too broad for ...119 comments 173 Recs
- They flagged me down around 2:00 AM---a couple of grungy-looking characters standing in front of the Daily Pint in Santa Monica. The bar was closed, and they were looking to go to McArthur Park, ...37 comments 77 Recs
- I wrote on Tuesday about the first attacks from the right claiming that Darcy Burner's Netroots Nation Keynote cheered abortion. Lies, pure and simple. Sadly, the attacks are growing from local ...11 comments 84 Recs
- This is why: State Senate - District 21 - Special General 60 of 60 Precincts Reporting - 100% Name Party Votes Vote % Lehman, John Dem 36,255 51% Wanggaard, Van (i) GOP 35,476 49% What ...417 comments 631 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.