So I was on the 4:35 United Flight from Dulles to LAX today. I noticed an older, distinguished hollywood player (I hate that word but I'll use it anyway) sitting two rows up from me. I watch him reading a script, wondering if it's a project that's already been set up, since all writing in town has stopped because of the WGA strike. The title in big, black letters was BAJA written by... Dana Rohrabacher.
The men who violated the constitution are still in the White House. They are still lying. They are still torturing. They are still spying on you. They are still losing a war in Iraq. They are still breaking the law.
Have you had enough?
What is there left to say? The President and Vice-President have broken the law repeatedly. They have tapped our phones, read our mail, suppressed votes, suspended habeus corpus, ignored legislation, and continue torturing suspected enemies worldwide. They've also, though it's not illegal, managed to instigate and lose a major war, drive the nation into debt, and will likely kill your future children and grandchildren by refusing to accept the reality of global warming and take action.
Okay, so we've had another week of it. A White House political flunky tells the American people that we have no right to know what it is we're paying him to do, a bridge collapses in Minneapolis and the President finds a way to blame it on Democrats holding up spending bills, the attorney general is caught lying to congress and the Vice President says that questioning the administration helps Al Qaeda and ammounts to treason. Want more?
Let your fellow citizens know you've had enough tomorrow, Sunday, at noon. Spread some memes with us.
After another great week brought to you by the Bush Administration with more lies and more war, have you finally had enough? Are you ready to stand up?
Al Qaeda is back to pre-9/11 strength. The White House continues to obstruct justice and show contempt of Congress. The slaughter in Iraq grinds pointlessly on to the tune of $12 billion of your dollars a month. Now have you had enough?
Cenk Uygur and I spoke last week about the need to let Congress and the President know that we've had enough. Enough war. Enough lies. Enough corruption. Enough trampling of the Constitution.
Enough of seeing the Constitution trashed? Enough of the corruption? Enough of the war? Enough of the gutless response of our elected Democratic representatives?
Recommended by WesClarkJr
- This holiday season is a time of ...100 comments 85 Recs
- While many of the first person accounts are unconfirmed (who is there to confirm them?), the sheer number of tweets, as well as a wrenching live interview with an alleged witness of the carnage ...100 comments 21 Recs
- The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Never was there a more ridiculous statement for netroot progressives. Yet, it would seem in the current Georgian crisis that because Georgia has been a ...173 comments 16 Recs
- Crossposted from Native American Netroots . Currently, Native American tribes aren’t eligible for the federal ...15 comments 30 Recs
- I was recently asked whether I support the comments made by General Wes Clark, regarding Senator John McCain's qualifications to be Commander in Chief. I know General Wes Clark, having served ...243 comments 332 Recs
- Hardly a day goes by without a new announcement for the development of a new large utility scale wind farm or solar project.19 comments 41 Recs
- I can't believe I'm writing this diary. I really can't. First let me tell a little history. UPDATE: Woof! Number 1! Thanks guys!1230 comments 487 Recs
- As you know, I don't like John Edwards. See, I have a bless/curse of a photographic memory. I remember John Edwards, from when he entered the national stage taking the deposition in the Lewinsky ...1112 comments 336 Recs
- . Time to upset some stereotypes. Let me quote extensively from a recent interview, given at the recent FiRe FiVe Conference (Future In REview) where I am a yearly guest speaker. These words ...21 comments 26 Recs
- Well with the attention the OP-ED got here saturday night and Sunday Morning with this this diary: Sunday NY Times OP Ed by Army ...230 comments 430 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.