A large Delaware school district promoted Christianity so aggressively that a Jewish family felt it necessary to move to Wilmington, two hours away, because they feared retaliation for filing a lawsuit. The religion (if any) of a second family in the lawsuit is not known, because they're suing as Jane and John Doe; they also fear retaliation. Both families are asking relief from "state-sponsored religion." ...
Seriously--OUR government does not exist just to help the GOP, and it must be stopped.)
We shouldn't have to call our Senators to tell them how bad Alito is. If they don't already know, then they need to seek another line of work.
...So we are in a position where we have a sizeable and growing left with an increasingly clear platform of policy demands (less intrusive coalition-based foreign policy; roll back unwise tax cuts and spending to balance the budget; realistically address far-reaching domestic problems like health insurance affordability; and provide a comprehensive approach to offset the downsides of corporate globalization, to name a few) but no political leadership to mold these progressive ideals into national policy. Sadly, I don't even see leadership materializing in time for 2008.
Cernig makes a timely suggestion: create structures modeled on Poland's Solidarity movement.
... grassroots up structure for a coalition movement on the Left - a true American Solidarity. ...
Well, We caught
Osama's #3 Man!!!...oh, um, it was just Eric Rudolph, the bomber, and William Krar, and Krar only had a sodium-cyanide bomb capable of killing thousands. No biggie.
Is it true we'll never see the words "Christian Terrorist" in any newspaper ever? And why are regular law-enforcement procedures enough to deal with these threats, but not with terrorists who don't look like the majority of the population? At its root, the struggle is an ideological contest, a war of ideas. ... Well, which ideas? Whose ideas? Why are some ideas not included? Are those ok?
You know, as an American citizen, I never thought I'd ever be thinking about stuff like this, but... lately I've kind of been considering how one might go about stashing money overseas. You know, all legit and everything. I'll fill out all the forms, do everything by the numbers, but the thing is...
On Feb. 26, at Hollywood actress Carrie Fisher's home, R. Gregory Stevens was found dead of an overdose. He had a jet-setting career as a political fixer manipulating elections in backrooms and palaces from Costa Rica to Croatia, Thailand to Togo, South Korea to the former Soviet Union.
Recommended by amberglow
- If Hillary Clinton has more of the popular vote than Senator Obama at the end of the process, it could hardly be labeled a coup if the superdelegates overturn the verdict of the pledged delegates.227 comments 5 Recs
- (Cross-posted at fivethirtyeight.com ) One of the many nice things about Survey USA is the extensive set of interactive cross-tabulations that ...12 comments 38 Recs
- As someone who is about as impartial as they get around here when it comes to the Obama/Clinton wars and someone who has pretty much stayed on the sidelines, with the exception of a few diaries that ...836 comments 551 Recs
- If you harbor a notion that Obama's Wright controversy will die down soon, I want you to gird your loins for at least another week and a half of news cycles.28 comments 1 Recs
- The economy is blowing up, McCain is in Iraq looking presidential (ok that might not be a good thing for Jon but) - Obama is about to give a self centered speech about himself and race. He should ...90 comments 5 Recs
- I am no troll. I have been working for Obama: registering hundreds of voters here in Pennsylvania (often in what was frigid weather); I have traveled to other states (OH and VA) to work for him; I ...126 comments 8 Recs
- By Mike German, policy counsel with the ACLU Washington Legislative Office. Before joining the ACLU, Mike was a special agent with the FBI for 16 years. Sometime in 2006 the FBI twice ...239 comments 641 Recs
- I'm sorry to tread on already trodden ground, but I needed to pose a very straightforward question: How much legs does the Jeremiah Wright "problem" have for Obama? I ask this because, today, two ...102 comments 1 Recs
- my question is: Do Kossacks think we should criticize or fight against sexism at all times, or should we withhold our criticisms of Democrats' sexism for the sake of party unity?32 comments 2 Recs
- I think that's what you call me at least. I've had a couple of diaries in drafts that I've never bothered to pull the trigger on, and a few comments here and there. I really just enjoy reading. ...324 comments 910 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.