3 cheers for environmental activist & DK mainstay, RLMILLER. RL has become the newest chair of the California Democratic Party's Environmental caucus.
Never in a million years, did I ever think I would be a candidate running in an election - for any position. No way. No how. Just not my thing. I don’t like the spotlight. But I am the type that works behind the scenes. A grunt. A worker bee. An organizer.
Follow me below the orange squiggly.
Greetings fellow Kossacks.
Although several excellent diaries have already been posted reporting on the big One Nation rally, I hope you will indulge another one. An event this large and spread out needs many story tellers, who from their different points of view, can come together to tell the whole story. I have admired the many pictures of people and signs and scenes that I missed. Some of the photos in this diary are taken from a vantage point afforded by media access and in some cases just plain dumb luck. The common thread amongst them all is the pure joy of spirit, a feeling of solidarity, united in purpose that one experienced no matter what part of the mall you were situated. It was therapy for this progressive to be with so many other like-minded sisters and brothers.
Between nursing an abused arthritic knee, recovering from cross-country travel and a climbing a steep tech learning curve, I am finally able to post this diary. It is a way for me to thank the sponsors who helped make my trip affordable. As one who has old canisters of Tri-X film rolling around a dusty bin, waiting for black and white images to materialize in a darkroom tray of chemicals, I am finally fully engaging the digital age.
Follow me over the fold for barkingcat's trip to DC.
The countdown is on. The word is getting out. The excitement is palpable. The crowd is growing.
People are getting on a bus, on a train, on a plane, on a bike or other form of transportation. However they can, progressives are making their way to Washington DC on 10.2.10. Other cities are holding satellite events to coincide and link with the main event. So if you cannot get to DC, be sure to check out the One Nation Working Together website for a rally and other events near you.
This is your opportunity to get involved and make a difference. Let your voice be heard. Take action to support our cause. We need you. Now.
How? Be there. Spread the word. Sponsor a marcher.
This diary will be short, but is meant to post news report about a large gas explosion and major resulting fire in a residential San Francisco neighborhood. San Bruno area in South San Francisco fire impacts Skyline Dr., Sneath Lane, Claremont Dr., Glenview Dr. and San Bruno Ave at 280.
A 16" to 24" gas pipe exploded and erupted in a huge fire ball reaching about 200 ft high. The fire quickly spread with the help of strong winds, setting off fires of adjacent homes. The explosion occurred at about 6:15 PM and it took well over an hour to shut off the gas source. Extent of injuries and fatalities is not known at this time, but all hospitals in the area are in triage mode. The fire appears to have consumed approximately 45 homes and fire crews are working to maintain a fire perimeter at this time.
Recommended by barkingcat
- Instead of interviewing the Vermont Senator on his Sunday "Politics" show, instead of asking his Pundit Panel what they thought of the Sanders' Candidacy, Chuck Todd took it upon himself to single-...195 comments 164 Recs
- Congratulations to Els, from North London, for her astounding accomplishment. The 8-year old managed to convince a mega book publisher to stop marketing books that are titled 'for boys' and '...26 comments 226 Recs
- Democrats are trying to create a bit more transparency around campaign ads ...18 comments 128 Recs
- The House began voting on appropriations bills today, starting with military construction and veterans' programs. House Republicans boosted military spending above the level of agreed-to spending ...8 comments 28 Recs
- Join the Campaign or Sign up to Volunteer for specific tasks or Sign up for Updates . To donate: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/lets-go-bernie Stand with Bernie We are at a moment of ...131 comments 216 Recs
- The day has finally arrived! Bernie Sanders has announced that he's running for president, to save the country and the Democratic party. He's a brave man with a big heart, a sharp mind and ...343 comments 335 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...376 comments 280 Recs
- Three tropical cyclones churned the waters around Australia on March 11, 2015, including Pam, which reached ...274 comments 425 Recs
- Update: Good lord -- Baltimore is burning! Please let this end. There have been many great diaries today on the tragic rioting in Baltimore following the funeral of Freddie Gray. Tasini's "...348 comments 468 Recs
- I come here not to particularly urge that a baseball owner/executive be idolized but it's worth noting what the Chief Operating Office of the Baltimore Orioles John Angelos said following protests ...74 comments 391 Recs
- No current results.