Good morning fellow Kossacks. I'm reaching out this morning to any of you who are registered voters in FL-13 (Manatee, Sarasota, Hardee & Desoto counties). Monday is our deadline to sumbit candidate petitions so that our candidate, James T. Golden, will apppear on the ballot against ethically-challenged GOP incumbent Vern Buchanan. More after the jump...
A few nights ago, the progressive House candidate here in FL-13 announced his candidacy. Both local papers covered the kickoff event with brief articles in their pages. Needless to say, the wingnutters were quick to leave their comments. Which got me thinking...
As long as we're all in a euphoric state over the NY-23 and CA-10 wins, let's keep the good mojo rolling with another possible upset for the winning team.
In FL-13, progressives have an ideal candidate to put their time, money and support behind in Reverend James T. Golden. Tomorrow night, he officially launches his campaign to remove incumbent Vern Buchanan from his US House seat.
More on the campaign launch and the cadidate after the jump...
Here it is Kossacks! The 2nd edition of my Elections Pick 'Em contest. You will be asked about swing state results, Barr/Nader, tight Senate & House races and more! It only takes a minute or two to finish the 20 questions. Just follow this link and read the brief directions to play. BTW, this is not for money - just for fun.
a bit more after the jump...
folks, this election is over..... america is still a sleeping giant, but one eye has poked open and sees that mccain isn't the same man he used to be AND that and sarah palin is a joke. In contrast, Obama's calm, decisive, serious manner is just what we need in a president and statesman around here, and around the world, right now. To me, it's amazing to think how things could be different right now had Palin NOT been the vp choice.
Those of us on the central gulf coast of Florida have been the spared the wrath of two hurricanes in the past two weeks. We have, however, had to endure the wrath of two commercials from GOP nutter butter Vern Buchanan.
Vern is on the airwaves with his first tv ad, "Broken". In it Representative Buchanan starts out with a mention of three big issues of the day - gas prices still too high, the border still not secure and spending is out of control while "Congress does nothing." Vern leaves out that he is currently a member of that do-nothing Congress.
But fear not FL-13ers! Vern Buchanan is ready to change all that.
The ad and more after the jump...
Update: had to switch AZ which I had originally given to Obama.
I'll concede right away that this is a best-case scenario. However, I believe that when the rest of the general population begins to pay attention (and not just us political junkies) they're going to realize what a flawed candidate McCain really is. A few qualifiers and the map after the jump...
This really could just turn out to be a paper work error. However, since Congressman Vern as been involved in too many shady business activities to remember (including tax issues) - it's worth a second look.
More after the jump...
I know, I know...it's not likely, but a brother can dream can't he?
Following up on my post from yesterday and incorporating some of the suggestions/corrections from the comments made there, let's take a look at our best case scenario in the November Senate elections.
Right now, we're at 49 Ds, 49 Rs and 2 I's. When the smoke clears on election night in November we'll be at 62 Ds, 37 Rs and 1 I.
Here's how it's going to happen....
Here’s how the Dems can win a filibuster-proof 60 seat majority in the U.S. Senate. It’s not going to be easy, but it can happen.
Right now, there are 49 Republicans, 49 Democrats and 2 Independents (Sanders-VT & Lieberman-CT) who both caucus with the Dems.
In November of 2008, there will be 33 Senate seats up for election AND one special election - to replace the retired Trent Lott-MS. For the Dems to achieve a 60 seat super-majority they will need to win 9 seats that are now held by a Republican. Here are the 9 seats that are in reach:
Recommended by charlie kennedy
- Seven million dollars, if you don't want to read any further. A mangrove swamp doesn'...107 comments 206 Recs
- An interesting thing has happened on the way toward teabagger solidarity: the board of directors of the national organization, Tea Party Patriots, has sued its founder, Amy Kremer, because Kremer ...304 comments 593 Recs
- Barack Obama's communications director Robert Gibbs rips fringe partisan Sean Hannity on Fox News after last night's debate, simply by using Hannity's own logic against him. This was very ...13 comments 14 Recs
- We begin in Anchorage, Alaska, where a group of average women decided to hold a small rally to let it be known that their Governor, Sarah Palin, does not represent their views on many of the issues ...644 comments 1298 Recs
- I realize that most of you don't watch Spanish television. But millions of Spanish-speaking and bi-lingual (Spanish-English) Americans do. A few hours after the conclusion of the Republican ...380 comments 739 Recs
- According to Wolf Blitzer, John McCain was supposed to give an interview to CNN today. Excerpts of this interview were to be shown throughout CNN's Tuesday coverage of the RNC. However, McCain has ...817 comments 1120 Recs
- Dear ladies and gentlemen of the traditional media: I now expect you -- no, REQUIRE you -- to run 24/7 stories about Republicans being in severe, angry disarray going into their convention next week.877 comments 1208 Recs
- I did a diary on this news item last night. Tonight's diary is a follow up that includes some original research, some more video, and comments drawn from folks on the web. This is the deal, so far: ...506 comments 572 Recs
- Update -- Obama pounds 'No Change McCain': Here's video of Barack Obama in Chesapeake, VA this evening, sticking to the "out of touch" theme illustrated by McCain's "How many houses?"395 comments 728 Recs
- Much like the iconic towers that fell on Septermber 11th, 2001, a major component of the "9/11 Truth" movement argument has collapsed. One of the few really compelling arguments advanced was the "...306 comments 15 Recs
charlie kennedy's Tags
- No current results.
charlie kennedy's Blogroll
- No current results.