I'm not very active here. I don't subscribe but I occasionally donate. Today I had my adblock turned off as I was doing some computer tweeking and forgot to turn it back on. I was immediately reminded of that fact when I came here (Kos). There on the Daily Kos front page was (and is) a NRA ad. A NRA AD. I guess money is money no matter the source. Right Kos? I find this level of hypocrisy nauseating, to say the least, and the least is all I'm going to say. I'm gone.
Last night a majority of our participating electorate voted for oligarchy and bigotry. They voted to destroy our public school system, to deny climate change. They voted against regulations to keep our food and water safe. They voted against a living wage, against a thriving middle class. They voted for poverty. They voted for a gun in every hand. They voted for endless war. They voted against themselves and posterity. They voted against our right to vote. Last night America voted against America because our corporate national media compelled it, because, apparently, fear and money are the most powerful forces in the universe.
Recommended by charlie x
- The consensus in: President Obama's failure to go to France (the Most Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Decision in the complete annals of American History) has doomed his chances of being ...30 comments 18 Recs
- Ex-Officer Steven Osborne's piece is titled: "Why We’re So Mad at de Blasio The N.Y.P.D. Protests: An Officer's View", published on Wednesday 1/7 in the New York Times. You can read it here if ...74 comments 164 Recs
- Oh, this is rich.158 comments 198 Recs
- For the record, I do not necessarily consider _Politico_ ...52 comments 62 Recs
- If you have not heard Pharrell William's song "Happy" at some point in 2014, you were likely living under a rock. The album G I R L that "Happy" is on, has sold over ten million copies worldwide. ...174 comments 113 Recs
- Lots of you continue to get unhinged emails from people on Facebook, your drunk uncle, and various Tea Party relatives. Here's a gentle response to them.... Pretty soon Obama will be gone and you ...302 comments 570 Recs
- It's just business. I find all the genres in the defense-of-torture pantheon to be baffling. There are the ones that assert that what our nation did was not torture, but do not bother to ...131 comments 155 Recs
- "Comply or Die" appears to be the prevailing attitude among too many police in minority neighborhoods: Do exactly what I say, and we'll get along fine. Do not question me or talk back in any way. ...318 comments 393 Recs
- If you're a political junkie you've probably heard the name before. If you haven't, meet Al From : [Y]ou’d think that someone, somewhere would have populist ideas. And a few — like Zephyr ...228 comments 289 Recs
- I smoke 2 joints in the morning, I smoke 2 joints at night, I smoke 2 joints in the afternoon, cause de law say it's alright.136 comments 215 Recs
charlie x's Tags
- No current results.
charlie x's Blogroll
- No current results.