My parents sent me to a private montessori school and it was a common thing for Miss Carol, the principal, to collect movies for us to watch. Each movie had an educational aspect but she never chose anything excessively boring for obvious reasons. The amazing part about the "excessively boring" qualification was that these were the same movies that English teachers would like to show that do indeed bore high school students.
Daily Kos memberGive a gift subscription to this user
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Recommended by chibi xandra
- When the national polls started moving toward Obama last week, it just became a matter of time before the state polls (which are conducted less frequently) began catching up. Well, that time has at ...383 comments 636 Recs
- Medicare recently announced their cost increases for 2009. Part A - hospitalization is going up, Part B ...20 comments 10 Recs
- Rep. Jim McDermott just had the quote of the day: "This is the third time we've done it with this bunch. First the war, that didn't get paid for. Then the tax cuts, that didn't get paid ...213 comments 619 Recs
- I stole my headline, because it's worth ...41 comments 21 Recs
- Here's the article: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us/politics/14palin.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin. It's as devastating an account of cronyism, incompetence, vindictiveness and corruption as is ...750 comments 1359 Recs
- Well, I'll be damned. So I get home from work a bit ago (night shift nurse, me), and as is my wont, I grabbed a bite to eat and plopped down to check out the Internets for a few minutes before ...686 comments 1336 Recs
- Junk Health Insurance is another Republican boondoggle. It is the HDHP (High Deductible Health Plan) legislated into greater acceptance in 2003. Junk Insurance ...15 comments 20 Recs
- The final stretch of the 2008 Presidential Race is here and instead of focusing on who will better lead us in the future, we are stuck trying to comprehend what in the world John McCain was thinking ...24 comments 13 Recs
- The USOC sent an advance team to China to scope out the food situation and they found a half chicken breast that was 14" long (yep, that's fourteen inches long). Yeah, that bird was on steroids. ...34 comments 17 Recs
- Welcome to the Up Scale Hospital Emergency Department. It's the latest thing in New York City health care. ...40 comments 26 Recs
chibi xandra's Tags
- No current results.
chibi xandra's Blogroll
- No current results.