won't be 36 years of age on 20 January 2017; otherwise I should want to vote for him to be our next president.
Colorado Secretary of State Mike Coffman's decertification of a large number of the state's electronic voting machines a couple of days ago was hailed in the progressive blogosphere. This was all the more remarkable, one supposed, because Coffman is himself a Republican. Perhaps the occasional Rethug was chastened to his senses by his party's loss of the governor's mansion and both houses of the state legislature?
Hardly. Why, looky looky:
Recommended by corvo
- Larger Image The map above shows North American land surface temperatures from May 17–24, 2015, compared to the 2001–2010 average for the same eight-day period. Shades of red depict areas that ...8 comments 12 Recs
- Oh, seriously. Democrats are whining about, heaven forbid, a bit of pressure from unions to actually vote correctly on fast track and the Trans Pacific Partnership. Grow up--and if you can't cast a ...134 comments 244 Recs
- Thanks to a political system that includes such gems as Citizens United , individual people are able to donate practically a limitless amount of money in support of virtually any politician, ...6 comments 4 Recs
- Yesterday Bernie announced his campaign to win the Democratic nomination for President. He can't do that without the help of his supporters. So... Let's Help Bernie! There are lots of ways to help ...66 comments 101 Recs
- This is a message to activists trying to fight the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). Stop calling the TPP a "trade" agreement. TPP is a corporate/investor rights agreement, not a "trade" agreement. "...14 comments 47 Recs
- Hypocrite. I'll let the story speak for itself : As was widely reported before, the Boston Globe notes that former President George H.W. Bush made headlines ...28 comments 15 Recs
- Bernie Sanders continued bringing the truth to the media world on CNBC's John Harwood. “I think it’s sick, and I think these people are so greedy. They’re so out of touch with reality, and ...157 comments 451 Recs
- Today, TomDispatch regular John Feffer, the director of Foreign Policy In Focus , offers a cunning bow to the convergence theorists of the Cold War era, a crew of thinkers who imagined that ...4 comments 9 Recs
- Since Bernie Sanders announced last month that he was seeking the democratic nomination for president he has been involved in a firestorm of media appearances , campaigning, and getting the ...52 comments 114 Recs
- A confluence of two ideas: the Democrats are not being serious about hiking the minimum wage AND Bernie Sanders makes a more formal presidential campaign announcement today. These are connected ideas.250 comments 150 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.