With Super Bowl 49 fast approaching, and the game taking on added interest because of "Deflategate", will TV viewership break the record set last year when Seattle destroyed Denver? Over 111 million people watch the game, while over 150 million watched at least part of it. Poll question, how many people watch the game this year, and if you want, give me a score.
I am a fan of behind-the-scenes goings on in the radio world and while looking through my emails, came across an email from All-Access Media group.which chronicles the world of radio. A couple of interesting items in NY radio I am going to respond to here (and no, I don't live in the New York area, but am close enough to it,to get NYC radio and NYC based sports networks.)
It's no secret the internets and the MSM are abuzz with our planned attack on Syria for its use of chemical weapons against its citizens, and well should be. However, I am getting to the point that either Mr. Obama does this soon or don't do it at all.
A link from....ugh...Drudge says that Wealth TV, an obscure satellite channel (I think that only Dish carries it) announced that it's teaming up with the Washington Times to launch it's own cable news network this summer, to be known as One America News.
I know that linking anything Drudge here is verboten around here,but he has a "story", that if true, could be a huge problem.
Saw on the local news today (WFSB) that the mayor of Hartford, Pedro Segarra has ordered the police to "peacefully evict" the small band of Occupy Hartford as of 6 pm tonight.
Glenn Beck, the paranoid, loon who thinks that he's a talk show host and a TV commentator, just lost another radio station today.
Tom Foley, the apparently vanquished candidate for Governor of Connecticut had a press conference this morning and all but announced that he will not concede anything, citing "voting irregularities" (GOP speak for Democrats voted), in the numbers released by Bill Finch, the mayor of Bridgeport, reported this morning and the numbers apparently given to Secretary of State Susan Bysiewicz.
However, Foley is less confident than he was yesterday that when it is all said and done, he will be the Governor. Even Foley believes that Bridgeport did him in, but states that he thinks that the numbers he has and the "official unofficial numbers" from Bridgeport, don't jive. Instead of outright declaring himself the winner, he now says that the difference in the numbers would trigger the automatic recount, which is 2,000 or less votes.
The City of Bridgeport has started recounting the ballots from this Tuesday's contentious election this afternoon,(around 5 pm). As of the six pm news,two of the 25 precincts have been counted. Results are not expected to be known until either late this evening or early tomorrow morning.
The election of 2010 is over, and the "good guys" sort of lost. Overall a mixed bag. Lost the House, kept the Senate and lost the governor's races.
Here in Connecticut, the only race outstanding is the Foley-Malloy race for Governor which was sent into turmoil when not enough ballots were sent to Bridgeport, the state's largest city, and which Stamford,the home of Malloy, a Bridgeport neighbor is located. Bridgeport,parts of Hartford and New Haven are all still out, which should be good news for Malloy,since all three cities are all heavily Democratic,in a heavily Democratic state. Whomever wins the Governorship, will still have a Democratic Legislature to work with. Connecticut survived the infestation of the "teabagger nut jobs" by retaining all five of its Democratic Congressional delegation, added Senator-elect Blumenthal and keeps the Legislature.
By now, the blogosphere and the TV has been all atwitter (no pun intended) on the Bob Woodward inspired meme that Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton will be trading jobs for 2012. Some pros and cons about that.
Today, after running a couple of errands, I walked into my local Town Hall and undid something that I had originally done the day I turned 18, more than 36 years ago. I un-registered as a Democrat and registered as an unaffiliated voter. Except for a brief flirtation with Lowell Weicker's ACP party, I've been a Democrat in two different states, for almost four decades, which includes the People's Republic of New Hampshire. Not any more!!!
Why would I turn my back on the party that I've supported and voted for virtually my entire adult life? I cannot in good conscience continue to be enrolled in a party that won't even put a fight, doesn't give a tinker's damn about me or anyone else.
Recommended by demswin06
- Members of a Gaza family whose farm was turned into a "fortress" by Hamas fighters have reported that they were helpless to stop Hamas from using them as human shields. They ...212 comments 10 Recs
- *Fear is the last thing we could be accused of," Hamas parliamentarian Mushir al-Masri said on Sunday. Martyrdom is our dearest wish, but God has ordered us not to pose ourselves as ...219 comments 10 Recs
- iThe United Nations Charter makes wars of aggression a crime. Various treaties make using civilians as a shield a war crime, using civilian buildings to launch attacks a war crime and fighting ...196 comments 9 Recs
- I was watching Tweety this afternoon, and they had on a couple of guests for the middle segments, and one of the guests was Margaret Carlson. When the subject of Fred Thompson came up, all three ...63 comments 8 Recs
- Gotta hand it to Keith Olberman. I wish I had a transcript or something, but at around 8:30, he did an amazing thing. In a moment of Stephen Colbert graphic clarity, he made a series of lists of ...284 comments 497 Recs
- A recent comment suggested that Barack Obama has already been tested and vetted and that nothing more is likely to come out over the Presidential election. Now, I am willing to listen to comments ...185 comments 25 Recs
- While Bush is preoccupied with what to do about the mess he has created in Iraq New Orleans continues to suffer. The city of the forgotten has been forgotten again. In September while parts of the ...6 comments 11 Recs
- Let me apologize in advance for the utterly non-political and non-substantive content of this diary. I figure that, if ever there were a time to drop something like this on the recent diary list ...24 comments 2 Recs
- BAGHDAD , Iraq - Major partners in Iraq's governing coalition are in behind-the-scenes talks to oust Prime ...63 comments 15 Recs
- That's right. The United States of America has lost the war in Iraq. I personally find saying that extremely distasteful, but facts are facts. Here are the facts as I see them. US soldiers are ...17 comments 2 Recs
- No current results.