Seems we've forgotten where the most potent explosives being used against us are coming from. We left them unsecured and they were systematically looted from al QaQaa. The US troops in the area had no orders to secure this facility and in fact watched the looting take place. A Minneapolis new crew, embedded with the unit filmed the facility before it was looted.
Cheney, on the other hand, will likely follow Rumsfeld into early retirement, leaving Shrub an opportunity to select his successor, McCain. They'll want this all to happen under this Congress and Senate, so watch for all of these moves this week.
The very last thing the Republicans want is Speaker Pelosi in the Oval Office and they won't care how much blood they shed to stave that off. Cheney is expendable. Bush too. Look for 1/3 of the Republican Senators to support impeachment.
Uh, no shit Sherlock. Do you have any idea how much money you guys spent in the past 6 years that you borrowed? Take last year for example. The ACCRUED deficit was $760B in that year alone. Unfortunately you won't find that number anywhere except in the limited copies (600) of the annual Federal Government Fiscal Year report.
The appropriate retort for these guys is simply, someone has to collect the money you spent.
"Don't be too happy, for the banner (of al Qaeda in Iraq) hasn't dropped but has passed from one lion of Islam to another lion."
Rove must write his stuff! Who knows! It's tough to tell when aljazeera.net is a 12.120 IP address. Snark aside, it's important to understand how Osama bin Laden plans to win this war and what we might do to stop him.
More than 200 wealthy Minnesotans signed a full-page ad that appears in the Star Tribune today asking the state to raise $2 billion for various initiatives by increasing the state's tax burden for high-salary earners.
Time for some good news around these parts.
In the AP story "Bush Gives CIA's New Director a Boost" there was a line that caught my attention --
The president was briefed privately on unknown topics for about 45 minutes before the short public event.
Now that zero degrees of separation exist between our Executive, his party operatives and our vast Intelligence Services, here's what our fictional fly on the wall heard in that meeting.Any resemblance to reality is purely coincidental. Truth is so much stranger than fiction.
Here's another major deal with AT&T to provide Voice Over IP services.
If RR Donnelly just printed comic books I really wouldn't care, but they don't. They are a leading printer of financial materials. The kind you'd kill to get your hands on before they become public knowledge.
Your mission Jim, should you choose to accept it...
After looking at the timing of these deployments, I've decided to go with the flow and HEARTILY endorse the continued deployment of NSA assets in our cities. Moreover, I am recommend that the DNC pre-order it's circuit to AT&T headquarters for access to their call record detail databases.
Think AT&T's complicity in helping the NSA spy on America doesn't affect you? Think again.
Here are the cities that have facilities in which AT&T/NSA can install (or has already installed) gear to spy on Americans:Reference: http://www.eff.org/legal/cases/att
"...AT&T does not believe that an assertion of state secrets by the United States may blithely be dismissed without even considering the basis for it. Assertions of state secrets must be made personally by the nation's most senior officials, as they were here....To render the rulings plaintiffs seek without even reviewing the evidence tendered personally to this Court by the Director of National Intelligence (Negroponte) and the Director of the National Security Agency (Alexander) would be unprecedented and wrong."
No resistance was encountered.
(cross posted from myleftwing)
Recommended by dhomyak
- Hey you libtard geniuses, leave Michele Bachmann alone!47 comments 43 Recs
- This is just too rich to pass up. I am being a little bit unfair, I think. I don't really believe she meant to give the ...102 comments 23 Recs
- Remember President Obama's first address to Congress in February? When he held up Ty'Sheoma Bethea's plea for help for her school, the 111-year-old, crumbling J.V. Martin Junior High School as part ...275 comments 629 Recs
- We're in the home stretch for the legal proceedings against the largest environmental disaster of this new century. Some tribal people in the Ecuadorian Amazon have got a strong case against the ...249 comments 514 Recs
- Beyond the pale: "The reality is the cap-and-trade legislation offered by the Democrats amounts to an ...221 comments 482 Recs
- Franken leads +312. Number of valid ballots (absentee or otherwise) remaining to be examined by a court of law and counted by the Secretary of State's office of Minnesota: 0.97 comments 175 Recs
- Bill Bennett interviewed Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) on his radio show this morning. Michele Bachmann placed her size 13EEE shoes firmly into her over-ample mouth which is quite a trick when you ...96 comments 41 Recs
- Election Contest Court (ECC): Trial goes smoothly as grown-ups on BOTH SIDES act like they know what they're doing. > Coleman attorney Friedberg improves, while Trimble & Knaak ...149 comments 257 Recs
- 20, 30 years ago, one of my aunts used to say that she saw "The American Dream" fading away. She and her husband had lived, via government jobs, in many countries. "The gap between rich and poor is ...36 comments 11 Recs
- The story reaches a whole new level of absurdity -- Coleman is now channeling Emily Latella, and saying "Never Mind!" to the whole ...34 comments 14 Recs
- No current results.