There are two scenarios for Iran to reach its foreign policy goal of hegemony in the Middle East and international respect. One involves deciding that a nuclear weapon will not get it what it wants and the other involves deciding it will but not telling us about it. It may be a long time before Iran decides and before we know what the decision is, or even if there has been a decision. And no decision is final.
A conversation with my daughter on the best response to the Indiana discriminate against the gays law.
There are a few things Progressives might want to ponder before they clear their Sunday afternoon for "the game", the first of which is that watching the Super Bowl supports one of the most destructive corporations in America, the NFL. In fact, watching football in general is bad for your health and terrible for the nation. Go to a human rights demonstration instead.
Why can't the NSA distribute The Interview
Next July when the netroots gather in Phoenix, AZ, at Netroots Nation, along with speeches and workshops and panels there will be a Netroots Unity Concert for Immigration Reform, a Music Track for activists and bands to find creative ways to use music to move agendas, and a new online meetup site for bands and organizers - all part of the new Netroots Music Project launched today by the Netroots Foundation....
I will go to Phoenix
Charles, we were at MIT at the same time and should have learned the same values, but you missed something very important that they teach there.
We received a call from the Canadian market research firm Opinion Search asking for the woman of the house. My, wife, being a long-time leader in the opinion and market research world, was glad to take it, although she figured she would be screened out. She wasn’t and it became obvious why. They didn't really care what she thought.
Walmart made some of its "associates" work on Thanksgiving for pay. But I noticed that a number of my progressive friends who condemned Walmart rushed from the Thanksgiving table to the TV to watch college football.
Interview: Martha Shane and Lana Wilson, co-directors of the documentary, After Tiller. I interviewed them for Vents Magazine last week. The film will be released Sept. 20th in New York and Oct 4. in LA.
After Tiller explores late abortions through the eyes of the four remaining doctors trained in the procedure and their patients. It will do for the abortion debate what Michael Moore has done for the gun control and health care issues, only with a subtly and a powerful truth that might actually lower the temperature and inject rationality and compassion. It is a must-see for anyone interested in abortion rights, women's rights and facts.
A Rasmussen Poll out today reported that confidence in the Supreme Court has reached an all-time low, right down there with the public’s confidence in Congress. Various polls taken during the year have also shown a drop in confidence in the Court and an increase in the perception of politics in the Justice’s decisions.But the polling of Liberals and their approval of teh Supreme Court confuses me, or maybe it is liberals who are confused.
Recommended by doctor o
- It's Tuesday, November 25th, 2014. Ferguson, Missouri is burning. I live several states east of there, but I've sat up all night watching live streaming feeds of the rioting in Ferguson and St. ...338 comments 215 Recs
- Anybody else worried about how seriously some of these guys are going to take this argument? South Carolina wants to be able to continue to ban gays and lesbians from ...104 comments 69 Recs
- Think Progress reports on a John Podesta tweet that states climate change and energy policy will be at the top of her presidential priorities if elected. This will make her presidential campaign the ...267 comments 209 Recs
- Hillary Clinton’s announcement video that kicked off her 2016 presidential campaign will go down as one of the great works of political advertising and strategy in modern history. Decades from ...966 comments 520 Recs
- Obamacare "horror" stories only, please? Oh, Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers. In the words of Kenny Rogers, "you've got to know when to hold 'em....and know when to fold 'em."134 comments 268 Recs
- A Baltimore Fox station had to apologize to Black Lives Matter protester, Tawanda Jones, after they were busted for deceptively editing a protest chant to say "Kill a cop." The ...79 comments 80 Recs
- Cross posted from Blue Virginia Just keep in mind when reading the following that this same guy, Virginia State Senator Steve Martin (R-of course!), is the same guy ...76 comments 25 Recs
- David Koch, not holding up well under scrutiny. Tim Dickinson'...524 comments 1052 Recs
- Board Chairs Arshad Hasan and Patrick O’Heffernan speak with the director of the Kino Border Initiative. For the last several months we've been working ...8 comments 31 Recs
- As a Democracy For America scholarship winner, I've had more opportunities over the past week than most young people could ever dream. I attended NN14 and learned what the progressive blogger ...13 comments 35 Recs
doctor o's Tags
- No current results.
doctor o's Blogroll
- No current results.