Rob Zerban is running for Congress to replace Paul Ryan in the 1st District of Wisconsin, which lies in the far southeast corner of the state. I don't live in his district and have never had the opportunity to hear him speak in person, but all I've read suggests that he is a hard-working, honorable, and thoughtful person who would make an excellent member of Congress. Last night he sent an email to his list that confirmed that assumption.
This afternoon a second Democrat announced her candidacy for governor to replace Scott Walker in the inevitable recall election made possible by a million angry Badgers. Sen. Kathleen Vinehout was one of the Fab 14 who took off for Illinois and gave Wisconsin time to realize that it was becoming Fitzwalkerstan.
Kathleen Falk is not the only Democrat in the race for governor anymore. She’s not even the only Kathleen.
State Sen. Kathleen Vinehout, D-Alma, is joining the former Dane County executive in the contest to replace Gov. Scott Walker, should his recall become a reality.
Vinehout, 53, a former dairy farmer and college professor, was elected to represent the largely rural district in western Wisconsin in 2006. She’s touring around the state the rest of the week to discuss her candidacy.
“We need a fresh start and a new attitude in Wisconsin politics and government,” Vinehout said in a press release Wednesday. “I have the experience and temperament necessary to lead.”
The recount in Wisconsin's Supreme Court election is scheduled to begin next week. The Prosser camp is bringing in "hundreds of volunteers, including some flying in from around the country," according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Meanwhile,
Kloppenburg campaign manager Melissa Mulliken said Friday that her group expects to use hundreds of volunteer observers, primarily Wisconsin residents, since some counties would have multiple tables where ballots are being counted at once. Mulliken said the goal was to have volunteers able to observe at least a large portion of the 1.5 million ballots.
The Wisconsin Government Accountability Board has been planning for a possible recount since election night. The GAB's website includes the messages it has sent to the many election clerks around the state to help them prepare for it. Those messages clear up some of the questions many of us have had about the process.
Recommended by dragonlady
- 2014 Election results called into question by findings of electronic voting machine security expertsAs Jeremy Epstein notes on his Freedom to Tinker blog , in great detail: "If your States election was held in 2014 using the AVS WinVote touchscreen Direct Recording Electronic (DRE) voting machine,293 comments 311 Recs
- From Gov. Walker's Friday "E-Update": As a part of our trade mission, The Water Council, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC), and Veolia, an international water company based in ...20 comments 37 Recs
- Update 5 pm CST 4/23/2015 - See my update at the end of the diary. This issue has gone to the highest level of the DPW. Other delegates have reported receiving this phone poll, and we have an ...26 comments 50 Recs
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Chief Justice Shirley Abrahamson hit a speed bump on her way to justice yesterday... [http://m.channel3000.com/politics/judge-denies-abrahamson-request-to-block-amendment/...9 comments 23 Recs
- This guy has no shame. I don't know why. It cost Wisconsin taxpayers $138,200 for Scott Walkers trip to England recently. Promoted ...63 comments 92 Recs
- Michael Slager murdering Walter Scott on the left; public mugshot on the right On April 4, North Charleston, South Carolina, Police Officer Michael Slager shot and killed Walter ...245 comments 262 Recs
- You didn't seriously think the longest serving Supreme Court Justice in the entire United States of America and in all of Wisconsin History was going to just roll over and give up did you? In 2009,133 comments 306 Recs
- The Milwaukee Journal Sentinal has [http://m.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/wisconsin-2015-spring-general-election-results-297917051.html called the election] of Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice for ...69 comments 135 Recs
- This comes as a total surprise... [http://wcmcoop.com/2015/04/05/supreme-court-candidate-daley-defendant-in-john-doe-daughter-wanted-on-owi-charges/ Wisconsin Citizens Media Cooperative] Daley, a ...18 comments 109 Recs
- Supreme Court lets strict Wisconsin voter ID law stand. Time for Democrats to ensure everyone has IDOn the list of cases released Monday that the U.S. Supreme Court has chosen not to hear is the Wisconsin voter ...105 comments 136 Recs
- No current results.