So i was reading an essay by one Hagbard Celine. I've read it before, but this time it was on my kindle. I recently purchased one in an attempt to downsize my book collection(yeah, i know, good luck with that one!). As i read on again some thoughts popped into my head. Follow me below the fleur de Kos for my thinking on the internet, stupidity, and progress forward......
....because it's dangerous! And it costs money to rebuild! And who really has a hurricane followed by freezing temperatures!?! If done correctly, you should have sweltering heat to die in. Must be a southern thing, yes?
Let the brickbats rain down....
Hey you all, gonna be a quick diary. This is what we might be doing tomorrow:
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
follow me below the fold......
So my girl and i got to play tourist last week at home here in New Orleans. We went to the Aquarium of the Americas. It was beautiful. It was fun. And it was also sad. But the thing that ticked me off the most was this image:
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
All i have to say to you BP is this; FYYFF! follow me below the fold while i rant a bit....
I was reading blackwaterdog's recommended diary when i saw a picture of President Obama and Louisiana Governor Jindal together. They seemed to be working together fairly well. And a thought struck me, this is why i voted for both of these men. Join me below the fold and i'll attempt to expain my reasons behind my vote...
I wonder how many people here have heard of Schrodinger's Cat? It's a thought experiment that highlights the quirkiness that quantum physics tends to exhibit. Follow me below the fold, a story may exist and it may not exist.......but you won't know until you check!
....its loyal season ticket holders.
That's how i am feeling almost a week after hearing the news at work from a friend that i might lose my New Orleans Saints season tickets. Follow me below the fold and hear my story unfold.....
I was reading through the Daily Kos the other day when i watched a video on the front page.
If you follow me below the fold i'll explain why it reminded me of Katrina.....
Hey all. I'm just beginning to recover from the weekend's brilliant festivities here in New Orleans. Our New Orleans Saints are one game away from possibly going to the Super Bowl. I wanted to talk a little bit about what that could mean to our city. So follow me below the fold.....
Recommended by eb23
- I'll get to renewable energy and why we'll survive the climate change apocalypse in a moment. But first this... I came of age in the 1990s. One of those grunge loving, flannel wearing Only Happy ...36 comments 38 Recs
- As a man that grew up around guns, Gawker's Adam Weinstein has written a great article called, " It's Really Hard to Be a Good Guy With a Gun ". In it, he talks about the numerous decisions that ...78 comments 138 Recs
- Good morning, GUStastics! Woopsie! I really screwed up this diary. I forgot to finish it this a.m. and then got immediately buried in work at about 7:45 this morning. Will try to fill in the ...38 comments 14 Recs
- UPDATE: I AM NOT GOING TO HARM MYSELF. I just wanted to write so that I can process how I feel. I don't want anyone to worry, so please don't. The weather has been beautiful. Revitalizing, even, if ...38 comments 18 Recs
- So as part of my new drive to treat my body right and be good to it, I went out to get exercise in punishing winter conditions. Went down to the Big Lake - by the way.....it's very cold down by the ...92 comments 196 Recs
- I know other diaries are addressing the historic vote by Volkswagen auto plant workers in Tennessee to unionize and be represented by the UAW this week. But I wanted to highlight a humorous, and ...238 comments 442 Recs
- Dale Hansen has twice been named Sportscaster of the Year by the Associated Press and with thoughtful commentary like this, it's easy to see why. This may very well be the best statement yet on ...159 comments 405 Recs
- Honestly, I thought a vote would be close. $15/hr might have been just a tad too much; a bridge just slightly too far, for the majority of Seattle residents. I am very glad to see that I am wrong.40 comments 87 Recs
- NEW YORK, Jan. 2 (UPI) -- A musician says U.S. customs agents destroyed 11 of his flutes but a customs official says agents destroyed only "fresh green bamboo canes." http://www.upi.com/...194 comments 202 Recs
- Chris Kluwe finally reveals what some of us had suspected when the Minnesota Vikings let him go last year. Hello. My name is Chris Kluwe, and for eight years I was the punter for the Minnesota ...157 comments 229 Recs
- No current results.