about the Social Security fold and the non-negotiating negotiations when he has the advantage? I realize this isn't a diary and will take down in a few minutes, but I really wanted to know?
happened to the site? Was down for a couple of hours...or at least I couldn't get on.
The Rmoney campaign has asked that he ONLY be referred to as "Not-Obama" during the debate.
Sorry, I just couldn't help it :-)
TEACHER ARRESTED IN NEW YORK -
A public school teacher was arrested today at John F. Kennedy International Airport as he attempted to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a compass, a slide-rule and a calculator.
NOTE: I realize this is not a diary, and apologize for taking up valuable bandwidth for more serious subjects, but with the current 24/7 focus on terror by the losing party ("be afraid, be very afraid") and as a "math challenged" individual (with a "math challenged" teenager) who both have a bad history with Al-Gebra I thought this was a hoot.
One, how did Lindsey Graham and Lieberman become "key" senators?
Just saw an article on the MSNBC website saying that Budweiser AND Miller plan to raise prices in the fall, due to poor sales.
Now I know these other things (health care, health insurance reform, torture, Dancin' Dufus Delay, etc, etc. are also important, but we need to get organized and fight this!
Beer Drinkers Unite! We need to be drinking MORE not less! Maybe we can get a Beer Bailout. We've already had a beer summit (no wait, that was for something else) but we can't just stand/sit/lay by and let this happen. Maybe FDL can to a petition, they seem to be really good at those.
On the Politics page of MSMBC.com today, Howard Fineman:
When the history of President Barack Obama’s first year in office is written, scholars will try to answer this puzzling question:
How did a gifted, charismatic young Democrat — who won the White House by a large margin and brought in huge congressional majorities — manage NOT to enact fundamental health care reform, a goal his party has been seeking since Truman?
I still think Obama is going to get a bill, just not one very worthy of the name. Why?
As much as I wish it's weren't so and realizing that the battle isn't over and has just begun, Howard Fineman makes some good points on what has gone wrong with the president's health care initiative and why we aren't any further along than we seem to be.
I think it's worth a read. Particularly telling is the notion that Obama should have been working to clamp down on abuses by insurers, ie: "focusing on the fears of the 85% who have insurance rather than the 15% who do not".
Headline: Scandal-plagued Republican says Burris should resign
is getting some balls.
There has been some conversation recently (and some political posturing) about the several GOP Governors making noises about not taking the stimulus money (which IMHO would be political suicide).
Every time a click on a new channel, be it any one of the three C-Span channels or CNN or MSNBC I get a republican talking and spewing republican talking points. I had no idea this was the "change" I supported and voted for. WTF? Are the dems afraid of getting in front of the camera or are they being shut out by the MSM?
OK, I'll delete. Just had to rant. BTW: The comment about this site is "too serious" for items like this makes me laugh. Get over yourself.
in Louisiana. Probably won't make a bit of difference in the overall scheme of things as the likelihood of Louisiana being carried by Obama is somewhere between "slim and none" but it sure did make me feel good. In fact I couldn't help exclaiming "CHA-CHING" as I pushed the button. Sorry this isn't a real diary and I'll delete, but I had to tell someone.
Recommended by gritsngumbo
- Now that's a ...453 comments 617 Recs
- You have to be pretty dedicated to bigotry to refuse to do your actual job over it. And speaking of which, in Florida : As gay marriage comes ...61 comments 32 Recs
- Huh? What would you do if you were livin' on the outskirts of San Luis Potosi where there's no money and no jobs and everybody's dirt poor and two hundred miles north they're having a party with all ...165 comments 475 Recs
- Although Missouri does not have statewide recall provisions under the law, there are provisions for doing so at the local level. Missourians do not have the right of statewide recall. However, the ...183 comments 375 Recs
- "We need leadership in Congress that is honest about the tough choices, courageous enough to compromise and willing to put the peoples business before party politics." - MARK HARRIS Dear, Kos I ...173 comments 448 Recs
- A souvenir home run ball swatted by Sen. Mark Udall, caught deep in the center field stands Charles Koch toes the rubber. Pitching from the stretch. ...67 comments 68 Recs
- Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN) Workers at Volkwagen's Chattanooga, Tennessee, plant are in the ...126 comments 82 Recs
- Al is a crusty New Yorker who moved to our very waspy Republican stronghold here in Central Florida about 10 years ago to open a small cabinetry and carpentry shop. My wife and I own a small cafe ...94 comments 418 Recs
- For a long time, people have assumed that dogs are "Man's Best Friend". I grew up with dogs, and like them a lot. But I prefer cats. The internet is full of cats. Some people say that the internet ...132 comments 192 Recs
- In a strongly-worded editorial deserving of its substantial length entitled " Edward Snowden, Whistle-Blower, " The New York Times beautifully articulates the simple and infinitely persuasive ...140 comments 211 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.