Supporters of gay marriage had a heavy setback yesterday. After I'm over the initial shock I've vowed "NEVER AGAIN!"
While the mess unfolded, there were a couple of thoughts that popped up in my head. No, I don’t want to get into whose fault it was - I think that’s pretty much both sides at this time. Instead, there are a couple of things that are just worth considering.
I just read geekesque's diary on why Edwards couldn't possibly beat Clinton. I think he's aware of that, and he's following a strategy that doesn't rely on beating her. I would suggest that Edward's goal is, and has always been, to be a strongly influential VP instead.
There are quite a few reasons for that - they'll become clear if we look at the reasons he can't beat Clinton, and why these weaknesses turn into strength if he's aiming for the VP spot instead.
Recommended by groby
- When Nathan Lane was asked about his sexuality, he said "Look, I'm 40, I'm single, and I work in musical theater—you do the math!" Besides being a funny line, Mr. Lane was using a common ...542 comments 239 Recs
- At least that's what Pope Benedict XVI had to say at the beginning of his tour of Africa. (Benedict XVI) also said the Roman Catholic ...147 comments 36 Recs
- Red Cross report renews call for probe of Bush era 18 hours ago WASHINGTON (AFP) — A leaked Red Cross report on CIA "torture" of detainees offers fresh ammunition to demands that ...36 comments 63 Recs
- News out of West Virginia is that ...329 comments 200 Recs
- After living through the eight miserable years of the Bush Administration, it is understandable that women's groups want a seat at the table with Barack Obama. So, when I ...64 comments 3 Recs
- First, I know what it means to live with Chronic Illness and I know what it means to struggle to work with it as well. I've had to cut my hours at work, my dignity it seems and a lot of other ...185 comments 263 Recs
- So it's looking like the undemocratic courts of California don't have the nerve to overturn the will of the people, who voted to end all same-sex marriages in our most populous state. Prop 8 is a ...58 comments 8 Recs
- Alan Greenspan says he is in a "state of shocked disbelief" that the concept of self-interest did not ...407 comments 714 Recs
- Every day now it seems there is a new article on who gets more money. AIG the Car ...22 comments 13 Recs
- I enjoy Daily Kos. I am a newbie. I got here in March last year just after the Clinton boycott so I probably have no business writing a meta diary. But the truth is that DKos has become an ...1161 comments 1141 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.