No link yet, WSJ.com has this as breaking news banner.
Acting IRS commissioner Danny Werfel said today that the "Be On The Lookout"(BOLO) lists the IRS used to screen applicants were broader than originally thought, and that the screening went on longer than was previously disclosed.
Bloomberg now reports that, according to documents they have obtained, these screening terms included terms like "progressive", "progress" "occupy" and "Israel."
I guess this is breaking, but the WH communications director, Dan Pfeiffer, just tweeted:
POTUS has requested a Joint Session of Congress at 8 PM on 9/7 to lay out his plan to create jobs, grow the economy, and reduce the deficit
I know, not a diary. And once this hits the front page, I will delete. Just wanted to get the news out there(since the press conference is dominating things now), that the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals has upheld the President's healthcare law!
This is somewhat breaking news. If it has already been mentioned, I will delete. But I think this is great news for the stem cell research supporters, and a win for the Obama administration.
I didnt see anything on this on the frontpage or on the diary list, so I thought I'd post a sort of liveblog of tonight's GA primary elections. I'll delete if there isnt much interest in them.
Two Florida newspapers, the St Petersburg Times and the Palm Beach Post, have endorsed Obama for president today. The major Democratic candidates have pledged not to campaign in Florida, due to a dispute over moving up their primary. Unlike Michigan, however, all candidates' names are on the ballot. While I think Hillary Clinton will easily win the state, any positive press Obama gets there is good.
Sorry if this was posted just saw it on WaPO.com. Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Dashcle has endorsed Barack Obama for president.
Didnt see much news about Obama today, so I thought I would post a diary. ;). First of all, I will say I dont dislike John Edwards. I think he has done good work with poverty. However, I am for Obama for president. The main reason I am for Obama has to do with one word: Iraq.
I searched for a story about this, but I couldnt find anything. If it was already diaried, then I will delete.
Stem cell research became a big issue in the 2006 mid terms. First, because Bush used his first ever veto on it, and then again, towards the end, when we saw the strength of Michael J. Fox, and the stupidity of Rush Limbaugh take center stage. In Missouri, stem cell research was certainly a prominent issue, and the Fox/Limbaugh incident drew attention to the issue nationally. In light of comments by Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, that repealing the stem cell restrictions will be a top priority in the new Congress, I thought I would look at, roughly, how the votes have shifted as a result of the elections.
Recommended by jj32
- It's not too late to impeach Obama, so thanks for making this available to the House Judiciary Committee, who never in a million years could have come up with something this substantive on their own.577 comments 234 Recs
- I actually laughed out loud when I saw this headline: Good Economic News, but Democrats Differ on Whether to Take Credit And that, my friends, really says it all. The article notes a handful ...280 comments 177 Recs
- St. Louis Rams center Jason Brown has left the NFL to pursue farming: “My agent told me, ‘You’re making the biggest mistake of your life,’” ...203 comments 420 Recs
- It's not news. It's Fox News. Let the words speak for themselves. First, take a look at how the Associated Press covered the ...116 comments 277 Recs
- From Politico : The Obama administration is set to roll out a series of climate and pollution measures that rivals any president’s environmental actions since George H.W. Bush signed a rewrite of ...469 comments 351 Recs
- Nice one, Mr. President. President Obama: While affordable health care might ...94 comments 210 Recs
- THE WHITE HOUSE Office of the Press Secretary EMBARGOED UNTIL DELIVERY September 10, 2014 Remarks of President Barack Obama Address to the Nation September 10, 2014 Washington, D.C. As ...22 comments 26 Recs
- Before Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell told the world (or at least the readers of Politico)123 comments 128 Recs
- THE WHITE HOUSE Office of the Press Secretary FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE August 11, 2014 Statement by the President on the Passing of Robin Williams Robin Williams was an airman, a doctor, a genie, a ...163 comments 230 Recs
- Per White House, Obama statement on Iraq is slated for 9:30 p.m. from the State Dining Room. — Chris Geidner (@chrisgeidner) August 8, 2014 I imagine the WH Live Feed might activate for this. ...68 comments 27 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.