you read or comment, please read this diary. Then join me below the fold.
Your Problem Is With Black People in South Carolina. Obama's won big in South Carolina this weekend. Geekesque explained back in October the advantages of having a gay-baiter Donnie McClurkin on stage for Obama:
If this is the test, that Barack Obama--or any other Democrat who really cares about gay rights--needs to publicly denounce and personally repudiate anyone with Donnie McClurkin's views about homosexuality, then you are essentially calling for a purge of African-American voters in the South from the party.
Don't believe me?
If there are 10,000 people in the audience at a gospel concert, 6,200 hold the same basic beliefs as Donnie McClurkin...
Action talks, and bullshit walks. Either you're for the 50-state strategy, or you're for the 10 state strategy where a comfortable majority aren't homophobic....
I have to teach in exactly ten minutes so I'll be (mercifully) brief. Those expecting another attack on my least favorite candidate can relax. It's done and sitting in the publish drawer.
There's some good news that I wanted to pass along, first. As some of you may or may not know, my background included communication and advertising. I spoke just a few ago with one of Canada's top media specialists who, like me, can't stand Obama.
Josh Marshall's score-card:..'.if you're going to talk like that -- nuance, as we used to say -- be able to defend it when people play with your words. And I don't see it.'
One observation stands out to me from this debate. Hillary can be relentless and like a sledgehammer delivering tendentious but probably effective attacks. But whatever you think of those attacks, Obama isn't very good at defending himself. And that's hard for me to ignore when thinking of him as a general election candidate.
We call on Senator Barack Obama to reject cordially, but in the clearest language the recent endorsement that his campaign has received from Kirbyjon Caldwell, pastor of the Windsor Village United Methodist Church in Texas. Mr. Caldwell is a proponent of "Metanoia Ministries" – a dangerous program that claims to convert gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and intersex people to heterosexuality within a so-called Christian framework.
As we move towards the next primaries comes news that Obama's vaunted Republican fans may not deliver. Trying to be all things to all people may cost Obama the nomination. Let's hope so.
Senator Obama, a 'true' centrist in 2005.
According to Congressional Quarterly, Obama voted with his party 97 percent of the time in 2005—the same as John Kerry and three others—with only eight senators voting consistently more
Ranked Senators by Americans for Democratic Action in 2006:
Senate Heroes (100% LQ) 10
Biden (D-DE) * Durbin (D-IL) * Harkin (D-IA)
Mikulski (D-MD) * Kennedy (D-MA) * Levin, C. (D-MI)
Lautenberg (D-NJ) * Schumer (D-NY) * Reed, J. (D-RI)
Tremors indicate change in the political landscape; securing long-term sources of energy will be far more important to most voters November 2008 than any discussion of leaving Iraq.
The S&P 500 lost 7.75, or 0.6 percent, to 1,373.2 and is down 6.5 percent in 2008, marking its worst-ever 11-day start to a year. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 34.95, or 0.3 percent, to 12,466.16. The Nasdaq Composite Index sank 23, or 1 percent, to 2,394.59. Asia's benchmark dropped to its lowest level since August and Europe's fell for the fifth time in six days, deepening a global sell-off that's wiped out $2.58 trillion in value this year.
A rainbow coalition of individuals is doing their very best to re-cast Bill and Hillary as bigots. You'd think a direct appeal from Obama to stop the crap would have some impact on these folks. But you'd be wrong.
"Bill and Hillary Clinton are bigots, sickening, selfish souls willing to tell any lie. White liberals here sound like right-wing radio hosts."
A confession from my one-stop shop for Hillary hate. The real reason HRC must be stopped:
No. I'm not objective on the Clintons. But it's an opinion gained from many years of observing their cynicism, shallowness, self-serving machinations and self-righteousness. And, no, I do not believe that Bill Clinton is doing what he's doing out of marital duty either. Please. We all know what Bill Clinton believes he owes his wife as a wife. But what he owes her as a political device to regain power for the two of them is another matter.
Grab your bucket...
'We'll be greeted by flowers'... Dick Cheney.
Check this out: Ignore the Hillary hit, the key graph is far more important.
...No matter how hard she works, does anyone think she'll convince Mitch McConnell to create a new welfare state program? Doesn't she remember Bill Kristol's memo calling for all out opposition?
Scorched-earth warfare guaranteed from the right.
That's what's waiting for the Dem nominee.
Feel the love....
'...let me just tell you what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore... is this wrong
Glenn Beck, May 17, 2005.
'Is it wrong for me to want to smack the shit out the Clinton advisor...'
Andrew Sullivan reader email, Jan 11, 2008
...let me just tell you what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out -- is this wrong?
Glenn Beck, May 17, 2005.
are about to open up...
Recommended by kidneystones
- Via Crooks and Liars , ...155 comments 238 Recs
- Many of you know me from my silly diaries and/or comments, but what you may not know is that I also have a serious side. It's located below the fold.54 comments 38 Recs
- You will have 5 minutes for this section. When time is up, put your pencil down and stop working. The question for this section is to be answered on the basis of [this passage: http://www....175 comments 17 Recs
- All you need is love.� No, I need food and shelter and transportation and a computer and the Internet, so I can blog at daily kos.� But I also need the companionship of my wife, to avoid ...11 comments 8 Recs
- If you want to have a Hillary hate-fest or an Obama love-in go do your own diary.245 comments 31 Recs
- I know that today, Barack Obama is considered a bit of a rock star, perhaps even a messianic leader. I find this most amusing. I don’t think I will ever see Barack Obama as the rock star that ...408 comments 527 Recs
- Calling all Canadian bloggers! And those interested in Reproductive rights . Harper and his merry bunch'o'neocons are not going to have so much success criminalizing abortion in Canada through the ...11 comments 18 Recs
- It's funny to listen to the wailing, and see the hand wringing, of the bloviators. "There may not be a Democratic nominee until after Puerto Rico !!" But, they keep noting, "Look at the ...519 comments 757 Recs
- EDIT: I am talking about the USERS of this site, not the site itself. It's a user-driven community. I don't expect Kos to put up an Obama banner up top. You know, this just struck me in a ...231 comments 39 Recs
- Okay... I've read the letter. And I've read two Kossacks interpretations of what the letter means. Or rather......29 comments 17 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.