Four African American kids were sitting in a parked car outside a gas station convenience store and listening to music, which apparently was too loud, when Michael David Dunn opened fire on them, killing seventeen-year-old Jordan Davis.
Last night, just as I was about to go to sleep, I clicked on a link tweeted by Ben Smith, which resulted in my reading, in the dark, on my iphone, all about George Romney, until 1:00 a.m.
The DOJ just released a 400 page report entitled An Investigation into the Removal of 9 U.S. Attorneys in 2006
I'm sure this report will be dissected, however, I jumped to the conclusion which noted:
The most serious allegation that we were not able to fully investigate related to the removal of David Iglesias, the U.S. Attorney for New Mexico, and the allegation that he was removed to influence voter fraud and public corruption prosecutions. We recommend that a counsel specially appointed by the Attorney General assess the facts we have uncovered, work with us to conduct further investigation, and ultimately determine whether the evidence demonstrates that any criminal offense was committed with regard to the removal of Iglesias or any other U.S. Attorney, or the testimony of any witness related to the U.S. Attorney removals.
An avalanche of economists have come together to sign a letter warning Congress to slow down, take a deep breath, conduct hearings, and THEN decide how to solve this problem.
According to Crooks & Liars
Keith Olbermann was pulled from St. Paul to anchor MSNBC's storm coverage from New York, with his seat beside Chris Matthews filled by David Gregory. Capus said political considerations had nothing to do with that move; Olbermann has been sharply critical of the GOP.
This is on the front page of Crooks & Liars and I don't see a diary about it in the most recent diaries list. If this is repetitive, I apologize.
Pelosi's Website, The Gavel, has made public, a letter sent from "A Group of Concerned Department of Justice Employees" about the politicalization non-political positions traditionally held by "career employees."
"Breaking News, the editorial board of the Army Times, Navy Times etc. to print an editorial on Monday in which they will call for Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld's resignation"
"Countdown with Keith Olbermann" finished the first quarter ahead of CNN's Paula Zahn in the key 25-54 year-old demographic ("the demo"). This marks MSNBC's first quarterly primetime victory over CNN in the demo in almost five years.
House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Texas) yesterday [June 14, 2005] defended Rep. Duke Cunningham (R-Calif.) after calls from congressional Democrats to investigate the Republican appropriator for selling his San Diego home to a defense contractor whose firm had received $65 million in federal funds in 2004.
Recommended by lawstudent922
- Thumbs up on income equality for women! In a new speech this week, Pope Francis is continuing his radical ...12 comments 19 Recs
- Another day in post-racial America. This time in Florida's panhandle, where a group of Michigan high schools students and administrators were touring Florida colleges. Their bus broke down and the ...245 comments 278 Recs
- On April 4, North Charleston, South Carolina, police officer Michael Slager illegally and unjustly executed Walter Scott. Forty-seven years to the day after the assassination of Dr. Martin ...197 comments 230 Recs
- And now we're in the stage where conservative-led states try and top each other for the most outrageous pro-discrimination laws of all . [T]he ...184 comments 130 Recs
- That's an ad in response to the Koch brothers and the record-breaking amount of money the've already spent against Democratic ...26 comments 41 Recs
- It's easy to be extremely cynical about the political process and its ability to make the lives of the 99% actually better. But every once in a while an everyday citizen works really hard to ...60 comments 473 Recs
- Krystal Ball exposed Greg Abbott on MSNBC “The Cycle.” She provides a funny but fact based analysis of his idiocy. Greg Abbott is currently Texas Attorney General. He is running in the ...48 comments 140 Recs
- “I want to see our nation get back on track. I want to see the American Dream be a reality for the families throughout Southern New Mexico. Right now, with the current Republicans that are in ...50 comments 160 Recs
- President Obama's daily schedule (all times Eastern): • 3:00AM: Departs Hawaii en route the White House • 11:30AM: Arrives at Joint Base Andrews • 11:45AM: Arrives at The White House ...128 comments 42 Recs
- [Link to NPR's feedhttp://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/12/21/167785169/live-blog-nra-news-conference] They are not taking questions. But will be available to the press next week. Wayne ...457 comments 147 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.