If you are especially squeamish you might want to pass on this story, but if you are willing to get past some really awful stuff and are angry about police brutality dig in. I will say that I know this young man, the story is true, and I am so seething mad about it that I will not rest until we change things in this country. If you are with me, solidarity my friend.
For a long time I was a very active blogger with DailyKos. I had a few personal blogs of my own, too. I was active in the chat and I was frequently posted. Even front paged a time or two. Well, at that time, from about 2005 to 2009, I was mostly a stay home mother, worked a little on the side. Four young kids...DK was my lifeline. I was living out in the middle of nowhere New Mexico, and it snowed all the damn time, and I needed grown ups. I needed politics. Well, I wanted to give you a bit of an update, and ease my way back into the fray. The truth is, I have missed you all so much.
Some of you may remember me, I used to post here frequently, then joined the Richardson for President staff and went on hiatus, then just sort of flaked out. I admit it. I got lazy. I fell out of the habit of writing, and so I just slacked off. Well recently I found a new excuse for NOT blogging. I enrolled as a junior at the University of New Mexico. My major is political science...I know, shocking. I am writing this today to share with you the experiences of "Liberaltruthsayer: The 40 Year Old Junior".
I don't know why we should be surprised that republicans in hotly contested Michigan think that purging thousands of voters from the rolls is a dandy idea to help push Mittensippi into the red column in November. Nor does it surprise me that they want to do similar challenges to voters based on foreclosures in Ohio. I suspect that there are lawyers for the republican party attacking the registrations of voters all over the country based on foreclosures
I get really mad over the jump...
While here on the internets I am known as Liberaltruthsayer, humble blogger, in my home state of New Mexico I am better known for having really adorable and photogenic kids. From time to time they are asked to do photo shoots for our Democratic friends, from Bill Richardson and Tom Udall to our friend John Blair who recently ran for NM State Senate. Well, not too long ago the Martin Heinrich campaign called and asked for my son Willy. The ad is over the jump, and Willy is the cute boy in the yellow shirt standing closest to Martin, looking like he needs a haircut.
I have been challenged
to write a haiku di'ry
For Rep. Tom Udall
Tom's brilliant web team
has created a spoof site
like woot dot com but
This one is better
Wootdall dot com OH YEAH!
you can help us here.
Sick making, yes. Hilarious fade in and outs, yes. But there is something staggeringly funny about this video, and that is the whole sale ripoff of the theme song from Dallas. See for yourself before the fold.
Good morning peeps!
Yesterday I published a link to Steve Pearce's website. For those of you who don't know, Steve Pearce is the idiot who gave up a safe republican congressional seat to take on one of New Mexico's most popular and respected sons, Tom Udall, for the US Senate. Most of the polls show Tom winning by 25-28%. It's going to be a wild west ass kicking, kids.
The geniuses at the Steve Pearce campaign (for those of you who don't know Pearce, he is the guy who is going to lose the US Senate race in a landslide to Tom Udall, one of the greatest guys I have ever known, here in New Mexico) have a great gimmick on their website, an online poll asking us who we are voting for in the Presidential Race. So far the results are like 200-5 for Obama, not the results they were looking for. Go, do your duty...
Show Steve who we are voting for...Show Steve who we are voting for...
A friend of mine sent around an email this morning, and it struck me as one of the most eloquent and pointed queries I have seen in a long time. I am sharing this with you with his permission. He raises some great points, and some really thought provoking questions. So please, give his letter some thought, and share your feelings. I will share mine too...
My friend, Tom Udall, is running for the US Senate seat being vacated by Pete Domenici. He is unopposed in the primary, but will face either Heather Wilson or Steve Pearce in the general. Tom is polling well ahead of either of the republicans at this point.
I first met Tom in 1988. Rather, I first met Amanda, his daughter, while out canvassing for a state senate race while Tom was running for CD-1. We were paired up to walk a precinct and she would hand out the lit at the door, saying, "and don't forget to vote for my dad, he's a great guy!" Well, those who meet Amanda are guaranteed to be immediately smitten with her. She has a warm, friendly smile, and eyes that sparkle with intellect, humor and quite a bit of mischief. From then on, we were inseparable. More after the jump...
The Democratic Party of Bernalillo County is holding a free picnic at the NM Expo (aka the fairgrounds) in Albuquerque, at the Spanish Village Saturday afternoon, from 12 noon until 4 pm. This is not a fundraiser, it is a strictly free event (well the fairgrounds does charge $4 for parking...)more after the jump...
Recommended by liberaltruthsayer
- The Courage Campaign has initiated a vote by vote, Senator by Senator plan to ultimately repeal the Defense of Marriage Act , aka DOMA.31 comments 82 Recs
- This is a personal diary about honoring thy father and mother. It's also very hard to write as my whole being is exhausted, especially my brain. This is also a medical diary.77 comments 52 Recs
- My bedroom walls were plastered with posters of him. The monthly Tiger Beat magazines, loaded with stories and pictures of Michael, couldn't get to me fast enough. A lot will be written about ...34 comments 18 Recs
- The reason I wanted to get into Natasha's case some more, is because I found a dangerous mis-conception in the comment of a ski-patroller in another diary about Natasha's accident. ...421 comments 378 Recs
- Today, at a litte after 6 pm Mountain Time, New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson signed into law a bill abolishing the death penalty in his state. After weeks of publicly wrestling with the issue (...207 comments 275 Recs
- First, thank you to the Daily Kos community for bearing with us as we get this office up and running. My office will make sure our dialogue is two ways and my staff and I will read comments on our ...435 comments 416 Recs
- We're in a death watch here. My mom was diagnosed with Stage IIIb lung cancer back in May of 2006, and it's finally come to the crisis hour. She's lying in a hospital bed in New Jersey, ...287 comments 818 Recs
- I first diaried about racist voter suppression in New Mexico here. It has also been written about ...17 comments 32 Recs
- As many of you know, Tom Udall voted against the bailout of wall street both times. Tom has consistently proven he has the integrity to do what's right on issues that matter to us, even when it's ...10 comments 25 Recs
- Tom Udall wanted me to get you this statement as quickly as possible, now that the bailout bill has gone to a vote: I cannot in good conscience vote for a rushed $700 billion taxpayer ...1083 comments 604 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.