I have a friend, her daughter is a senior at Ben Davis High School in Indianapolis. I won't give any more identifying info than than for a number of reasons. The situation relates to a teacher currently teaching a "Child development" course there at the school.
Ive been overwhelmed with other actions and health concerns but watch this space for my write up of my experiences as a delegate to the TX Democratic Convention. (And a pic of yours truly the one and only littlefire with the lovely Sen. Wendy Davis!!!!! squee
We have taken up the cause of the refugee humanitarian crisis along the border. Meet Operation Matthew 25. We are using the bible verse as inspiration but the event founder is in fact an atheist so this is not strictly a christian event. We have people of all faiths, and no faith, participating.
As always- My work, courtesy of WHIT.... please share as you see fit
Pics below the fold
I THINK my spanish is right... if not please feel free to let me know.
Pics below the fold.
As promised- these are the images we came up with for Leticia Van de Putte for Lt Gov of Texas. Spanish versions will be available soon. As before, these are the result of a collective idea and research in What Happens In Texas on facebook, but the actual design is mine. Images below the fold
I've been hard at work creating these lately. I have 13 for Wendy Davis, 13 for Leticia Van de Putte and 10 for David Alameel.
These were the result of a suggestion in the politically active facebook group for liberals I admin in, What Happens in Texas, the idea was a group effort, as is the information they contain. However, the legwork of creating them is mine. They are for sharing, please share as you see fit if you are so inclined. Actual graphics below the fold. If anyone wants them, I will share the Leticia Van de Putte and David Alameel sets as well so please let me know
Down here in Texas, we usually get written off as a hopelessly red state not worth fighting for. Liberals are frequently told to just give up and leave the state as its a lost cause. I am not the first to write it and I wont be the last, but I want to share my story about the citizen's filibuster and the beginnings of a revolution in Texas as I saw them this week
Backstory: My son is turning 4 at the end of this month. We knew there was a problem at age 2 1/2 when he had only 15 words. We knew there was something more at 3 when he wouldn't eat food unless I put it in the freezer so it was cold, and would have meltdowns where he was inconsolable for extended periods of time and had to be held to keep him from hurting himself. We are now trying to get him approved for the Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities (PPCD) after a diagnosis of high functioning autism in August of this year.
Allow me to preface this by saying two things. 1. I am a Christian (yes there is a "Christian left" , shocking I know ;) ) and 2. I have a son diagnosed with autism.
I have been in and out of tears since Friday, I struggled with every ounce of my being not to leave work early to go and snatch my 7 year old daughter from school and my 4 year old son from the sitter, take them home and never let them out of my sight again. Every part of my heart as a mother, as a human, screams as I cannot help but imagine the extreme pain and grief being faced by 20 families who have 6 & 7 year old children who went to school Friday just like my own child did, only their child never came home, and is not currently asking them daily how many days left til Christmas.
Adding to that however, is the two fold pain being wrought by CNN and certain people in my life regarding God.. and autism.
Recommended by littlefire
- This is the tale of a fiend, a true murdering devil. Not only did he ruthlessly kill Michael "Mike" McClelland, 63, the the Prosecutor of Kaufmann County and his wife Cynthia, 65, but also the ...231 comments 737 Recs
- On August 10, 2014, St. Louis County Police Chief John Belmar held his first press conference on the murder of Mike Brown by Officer Darren Wilson of the nearby Missouri Ferguson ...184 comments 348 Recs
- Helping persons with autism spectrum disorder lead happy, productive and independent lives. According to the NIH , 1 in 88 children in the United States is now diagnosed ...63 comments 80 Recs
- Y'know I've been tweet-told in the last couple days that because I don't have any kids in the military, I'm just not qualified or capable of understanding how dangerous the "Taliban Dream Team" is ...258 comments 656 Recs
- Protesters outside the Texas Senate chamber cheer as Sen. Wendy Davis leaves on June 26, 2013. Image courtesy of the Texas Tribune, click for full story. Political drama of the highest order ...80 comments 126 Recs
- You see them everyday; parading down the street, rubbing our faces in their obvious disdain for the Bible and God's Holy Law. Their unrepentant hosts, smiling, preening, PROUD of throwing ...78 comments 68 Recs
- Just sayin'.24 comments 5 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.