I have a problem with the Whiny Ass Titty Babies (WATB) insult for (mostly) Republicans, but sometimes others as well. What do women's breasts have to do with anything?
I totally get the whiny babies part of "whiny-assed-titty-babies", but I have long been offended by the "titty" part. I mean, what does that have to do with anything? I think it is sexist to include women's breasts used to feed babies as having anything at all to do with the whiny baby behavior of certain people (mostly loser Republicans).
Can we finally eliminate that "T" part of that horrible acronym? Please?
This is something I did not know. I have had many discussions with my right wing sister starting with the words "what if..." this could happen? Or, "next thing, the right will be giving rapists the right to visitation and custody..." I did not know until today that it is true in 31 states that rapists have these rights!!! How can this be?
Today, it is all over the intertubes, but I haven't seen it picked up yet at DKos (sorry if I missed it). It seems this is a HUGELY relevant issue to the rape and abortion stories and news right now. I'll bet most people don't know this, except for those who have had to go through it.
I am going to post the links to a couple of the stories here:
First, the link to the Georgtown Law Journal publication by the writer:
Georgetown Law Journal
Second, the link to the CNN article about Shauna Prewitt and her experience with having this happen to her:
Here is the CNN info on Shauna Prewitt:
Editor's note: Shauna R. Prewitt is a lawyer in Chicago. She is the author of "Giving Birth to a 'Rapist's Child': A Discussion and Analysis of the Limited Legal Protections Afforded to Women Who Become Mothers Through Rape," written for the Georgetown Law Journal.Key quotes below the squiggle, but please read the whole thing.
I just spent some time on the phone with the poor employees at the Dish Network who have to deal with such calls and have no power to do or say anything not in the script. But I have enough to ask a question and put it out to anyone else in the Sacramento, CA area (or beyond... I really have no idea how far is their reach on this issue.)
I added additional channels to my Dish account for the sole purpose of getting Current TV so I could record or watch Keith Olbermann (and had to pay extra for the privilege, of couse). In these very few months, the channel for Current at Dish has changed from 194 or 196 (can't remember exactly), to 294, and then today to 215, with no notice. For what reason? I couldn't find out. But those changes over such a very short period of time really pissed me off. I had Keith on DVR and today I got no recording because Dish changed the channel again. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have no idea how the porn poll was connected to the front page diary, but here we go.
I haven't seen this posted anywhere else.
Judge: Feds illegally wiretapped Islamic charity
By PAUL ELIAS
Associated Press Writer The Sacramento Bee
SAN FRANCISCO -- A federal judge ruled Wednesday that government investigators illegally wiretapped the phone conversations of an Islamic charity and two American lawyers without a search warrant.
I just picked this up from the AP:
"Obama: Social Security fix would be simple."
The system is funded with a tax on earnings, up to $109,000 a year. Obama says lifting that cap to tax a larger share of income would be one way to extend the system of monthly payments for retirees. It also would be unpopular with some.
How can we make lifting the cap result in overall decrease of the percentage of payroll taxes paid by most individuals and business? I have an idea...
I am watching this show tonight and am of mixed mind about it. I do think it is a good thing that somebody is finally having some kind of forum to address these issues (maybe Olberman or Maddow might have been better, but this is what we have, so credit given where due).
I don't know who were the idiots who thought that, by electing a black President, all the racial problems were suddenly resolved. But it is still true that Obama's election is a clear milestone in American (and even world) history re our progress toward more racial harmony. And today is a good day to celebrate.
Yes, I feel like a jilted wife of Barack Obama. The man said he would have integrity, he believed in hope and change and accountablity and helping the American people. So I "married" him because he presented himself so well.
Just hearing that David Axelrod and Howard Dean will both be on Meet the Press Sunday. That is something I won't miss, and thought you all would want to know.
This is why I will not give any more of my hard earned (and ever less) money to President Obama or the Democratic Party (see below):
BREAKING: Shooter at the Holocaust Museum in DC.
Recommended by maryschoyc
- A fine diary on today's recommended list tells of renewed ...24 comments 37 Recs
- In 1996, the Supreme Court struck down an amendment to the Colorado state constitution that would have unfairly singled out gay people and prevented any attempt to view them as a protected class - ...93 comments 59 Recs
- Senator Dick Durbin, majority whip of the senate, needs to know if you support the public option.28 comments 22 Recs
- Y'know how Birther queen Orly Taitz's most recent action in the Middle District of Georgia was ...661 comments 423 Recs
- Maybe a few of you have noticed that Tim Wise my brother from another mother is now a member of our crew of Kossacks and has started posting ...134 comments 77 Recs
- The women were passing messages out saying 'Please come and ...437 comments 655 Recs
- Just found this on Think Progress and am just speechless... ...142 comments 51 Recs
- I am 26 years old, and have been a member of the bar for just a matter of months. I always knew Latinas were a scarcity in the legal profession, but I guess I had always kept myself in “safe ...413 comments 457 Recs
- so by now, you've probably watched Rachel's (Maddow) show tonight and viewed that whack ass application to get the taxpayer's money in the form of the TARP.7 comments 6 Recs
- Watching the debate tonight, I was shaking my head wondering why the last chance people have to hear from the presidential candidates was consumed by Ayers and ACORN and nasty attack ads against ...566 comments 546 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.