First McCrystal is insulted that the President doesn’t know who he is. Did he mean that President Obama didn’t know that he, General McCrystal, was prominent in the coverup regarding the cause of Pat Tillman’s death?
I heard the President yesterday and Sherrod Brown just now on The Ed Show. They tell anecdotes about people being on Medicare yet not supporting Health reform. Then they stop. They forget the second sentence, Medicare is a government program.
I called my local bank, the Glacier Bank of Whitefish, Montana and said I hear on TV that they, my local bank, will be negatively affected if there is no bail out. "Is that true?" I was told, "No, it is not". Who's local bank on mainstreet is affected? Has anyone called and gotten another response?
I've called my Senators and e-mailed both. I'm afraid they may still be on board with this "trust us, there is a disaster" approach mentality.
Why do the dems keep caving to Bush? I'm a dem, no matter, but I am cheering for the conservative Reps who don't want to sign on.
What happened to sink or swim?
Winters coming and I have to go collect more wood for the stove. Sorry I don't have time to post a recipe.
Lacking an intellectual arguement to convince Rachel Maddow, Rhodes Scholar, to his side, Scarborough resorted to the oldest gimmick toward women.....Can't defeat them....Put them down. Joe's response: that Rachel has the Clinton cackle.
Such a sexist should not be in Prime time or anytime. Such a disgusting display of ignorance and disrespect toward a woman, and one who is clearly his superior in intellect, is not worthy of any moderator.
Scarborough clearly needs sensitivity training and if that fails, get him off the air, please.
As a 63 yr old white woman, I want to see Barrack win. This would automatically elevate the U.S. image in the eyes of the world. His charm, intelligence, good judgement, (until I heard he voted for the Patriot Act), and youth, were all the qualities I wanted to see in the next President.
Then he said it.
The emperor has no clothes.
KSM was tortured and appears to have been driven mad. Matt Lauer had the intelligence to question the authenticity of his confession while I sat in my chair asking the same question. Is this more fear tactic on the part of government representatives touting this confession as gospel?
Our own young people are coming home saying they are not the same people they were when they were told to commit immoral acts. As proven by the study in the 60's, all people will commit torture on others if they feel it is their duty and someone else is responsible. I like to think I'm above this but facts are facts. No wonder there is such a high amount of Post traumatic stress syndrome.
Democracy Now just informed me that we already have a guest worker program. They are the people from Brazil working in the kitchens in New Orleans. If they complain, they are sent home. These were jobs done by Americans for $10/hr. Then illegal immigrants did the same job for $8/hr. Now we have guest workers, slave is a better name, working for $6/hr. These are jobs called, "Jobs Americans won't do." Who is kidding who?
Recommended by montanajen
- So . . . the world is abuzz with the words of our Afghan General. He has even reportedly offered to resign over ...38 comments 11 Recs
- So... Has anyone actually read the Rolling Stone story , end-to-end? The real story here is not about whether or ...690 comments 1111 Recs
- OK, I'm back. I've always liked to invent backstories behind cliches and one of my oldest ones is the idea that the first guy who said "You can't see the forest for the trees" was actually running ...1231 comments 1367 Recs
- Do you remember way way back, many years ago, the president signed a massively historical Health Care Reform bill into law?321 comments 374 Recs
- I'm not used to writing news diaries, but I thought this worthy of note: The Obama administration today released a bold plan specifically aiming to end homelessness in America in 10 years, with ...80 comments 56 Recs
- *Clarification from Joe Klein: Gen. McChrystal as "offered to resign" he has NOT submitted his resignation. News is still ...375 comments 122 Recs
- With Jennifer Granholm term-limited, there are two Democrats running for the nomination to replace her. The candidates are State House Speaker Andy Dillon ...21 comments 8 Recs
- Gee, I wonder what population that's meant to target. From the article... http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0621/tx-gop-platform-jail-mexicans-criminalize-sodomy-gay-marriage-felony/115 comments 35 Recs
- I've been hesitant to write a diary about this, not only because I have no real answers to the questions it asks, but because I fear to learn them. Maybe I'm going about this all ...204 comments 465 Recs
- Most people 20 years ago didn’t come out as gay or lesbian until well after they had left home and started working. If your family rejected you for being gay or transgender at that point, it ...116 comments 250 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.