I signed up on DailyKos under false pretenses. The purpose of this site is to promote Democratic causes, and yet I am (gasp!) registered as a Republican. Let me explain below the fold....
I shop weekly for my family at various stores, from Costco, to Trader Joe's, and in these hard times I have been frequenting a local grocery outlet store. Today I noticed something that really pissed me off.
Recommended by oblios arrow
- I wasn't able to watch the debate last night, so I've read a few diaries about it and am currently streaming it from YouTube. Through all the BS that I've heard in political debates, I've been ...304 comments 726 Recs
- If we didn't already know that this election is the mother of all battles to protect our fragile Democracy from the plutocratic wrecking crew, especially when billionaires like Leon Cooperman ...4 comments 7 Recs
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA or "Obamacare") ended the insurance industry’s cynical practice of denying coverage to people with pre-existing medical conditions. As soon as that provision of the ...107 comments 403 Recs
- Oh, man, I'm gonna have to tiptoe through this one. Not because I'm unsure of the facts or my own opinions, or because I'm worried about offending. But because I've got a lot of opinions about the ...366 comments 655 Recs
- I grew up as an only child in a single parent family. It wasn't easy. But one thing I remember clearly--very clearly--is learning there were no restrictions on what I could do. What I could achieve.696 comments 568 Recs
- This part is all background, but you need to know it. I went to nursing school at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in the late 60s/early70s. During my last year, I took the required Public ...161 comments 281 Recs
- On January 2, 2012 our friend and kossak, Horace Boothroyd III , wrote this ...122 comments 321 Recs
- No, I'm not talking about the latest excellent sales figures out of Chrysler (up 37%, just announced the addition of another 1,100 Michigan workers), Ford (up 10%) and GM (up 5%). No, I'm talking ...175 comments 430 Recs
- As deeply as I can look into history, and as much as I can penetrate the logic of human society, my conclusions on this are not the least bit tentative or lacking in confidence: Barack Obama is ...811 comments 328 Recs
- No, really. 'Member me? 'Member our little conversation this spring? Ah, coming back to now, is it? It must have been important to you at the time, as you couldn't wait to jump in front of a TV ...133 comments 215 Recs
oblios arrow's Tags
- No current results.