The blackwoman woke up this morning with a song playing in her head. Two days in a row. How Insensitive. Yesterday I actually walked downstairs and sat at my baby grand piano and tried to play for the first time in over two years. First there was this pesky ruptured disc with as it turned out, a rather large tumor growing on my sciatic nerve. Then there was this stage 3 cancer thing-y that took up the last trimester of year last and the first seven month of the current year. All in all, it was rough going,but I am nothing if not tough. So forgive me if I don't give a flying farknarkle about rantings privilege and stuff like that. When I look at the list I am among friends. Black people and white people who care about racial and social justice. Hypocrisy thy name is Daily Kos.
Health care for black men is now dependent upon whether or not they are incarcerated. At least this is the case a new study presents.
This article is my WTF??? moment of the week. The Blackwoman is speechless. Almost.
Lately the Blackwoman has been spending time with the long-view. Past and present. There is a reason for the saying 'hindsight is 20/20. Not always. Often enough. Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. Or some such. Not in the mood to repeat it. I've seen enough angry white folk to last a lifetime. Enough angry black folk too. I've fought against becoming angry most of my life. Anger unless used as motivation just renders you useless.
There is a vantage-point where the political theater we are all witnessing the Blackwoman finds deeply amusing. I personally had to leave the point of view I found disturbing. Way to. Disturbing. To each his reach.
No writer worth their ink would have dared put together a cast of characters that are the stars of this theater, some of which have only been used in tales of moral lessons about the triumph of good over evil.
Sometimes I think too many folks want to live in the America of 1940’s propaganda. I wouldn't mind it myself. If I was white. Maybe there was such a place for Americans of European ancestry. Not for my people.
Even the well-heeled among us lived in a different America.
As I sit propped up in my bed, on an absolutely perfect Pacific Northwest day I am thinking about freedom. Through my window I can see snow-capped mountains. On my desk one of my orchids is in a second time this year bloom. There are twelve blooms and nine buds.
Blooms to be.
As a Blackwoman in America on the 5th of July, freedom for me, is still a bloom to be.
The Blackwoman grew up in and with Chicago politics. As a result I do not even remember an election in the city where the outcome was not determined during the primaries. In Chicago it comes down to which Democrat wins the primary. In the city of Chicago, republican'ts are a non starter. This is why I am not amazed at the level of contempt and the cynicism shown toward black people by the republican'ts in the state of Illinois. Just disgusted.
White America is at a crossroads of sorts. It will be interesting to see the turn it takes.
Have Americans had the hope squeezed out? Are they willing to suffer the known rather than continue on a path of progress, the unknown path?
In one direction, there is the no longer closeted racism ship of the republican'ts and their teaparty. At the moment there does not appear to be a captain guiding this ship, though apparently Newt is volunteering.
One would think that there would be very few ways white folk could surprise the Blackwoman after all these years. One would think. One thing is clear to me. Your blues ain't like mine.
The Blackwoman started out wanting to write something that might soothe some of the souls wounded by the constant beat of racist drums. Now I'm listening to those drums being beaten (off rhythm I might add) by some of the people on this site who are referring to a 'race' war. Here on Daily Kos
The Black woman has not a few friends that are disgusted by the open and racist attitudes that can be found all over the news, and the internet. I have a somewhat different attitude . Today. My attitude changes from time to time.
The blackwoman has been left slack-jawed at some of what passes for dialogue on this site. I've been told today that I am too sensitive because I object to the term 'race card' and find it offensive.
I see where a rad-idiot thinks that saying the word Nigger repeatedly to an African American woman was also a case of hypersensitivity. There was even one person on this site who agreed with her. This shit is getting old.
Recommended by Robinswing
- I haven't followed DKos that closely as of late. (right now, I'm looking at politics the same way everybody looks at Preseason Football - YAWN, wake me when the real show starts) So hell if ...18 comments 22 Recs
- 9 comments 24 Recs
- I have read Oke's diary, and ear's, and through the links, Robinswing's. Place has gone to hell in a handcart on steroids. When will the grownups prevail and civil discourse return? earicicle shared ...18 comments 32 Recs
- It's 9:00 CDT, but I live in the country so it is time for bed. Usually, I check in DK between 4:00 and 5:00am each morning, but I will wait until Monday, Sept 19, to do so again. Many people have ...7 comments 23 Recs
- I have many roles in life. I am a woman, a daughter, a wife and mother. I am a white, Jewish college graduate. I am a union activist, a community activist (elected), and a non-profit volunteer. ...5 comments 28 Recs
- When 30% of the people punished are from one identifiable group that comprises approximately 3% of the Kossack population, there is a problem. Do I agree with everything that has been said by TiMT ...13 comments 41 Recs
- I don't think that depriving kos of ad revenue for a week will make him flinch or think twice. I really don't. I do think, however, that anything that makes the community moderation process less ...7 comments 27 Recs
- My first political protest was in high school when I joined a group of students who stopped reciting the Pledge of Allegiance after indivisible, since we were far from having liberty and justice for ...7 comments 23 Recs
- I know that this is Kos site. It could be reasonably argued that he gets to operate it as he wishes. However, it could also be reasonably inferred that, since Kos had opened the doors wide and ...2 comments 22 Recs
- Oh, my. Me doing a diary without Freddie Mercury in it? What the heck I'll put in a video. I'm joining the boycott.7 comments 25 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.