I'm sorry - this is not going to make the three-paragraph requirement. I'm busy at work right now, but I found something out in an email that everyone NEEDS to know. I did a search for the topic, but didn't find it mentioned in any diaries.
On March 13th, the Janesville (WI) Gazette ran an innocuous little story about a National Guard veteran upset that his son had to listen to the Pledge of Allegiance being recited in Spanish over the intercom at the Edgerton High School: by the school's Spanish class. The outpouring of rage from the local community grew so vitriolic that the newspaper had to disable the comments on their blog. The school administrator is now receiving threats of bodily harm because he won't renounce this practice (as it's something they've done since before he even took the job 20 years ago).
Recommended by slandurgurl
- The State House of Representatives in North Dakota today passed a bill that would effectively outlaw all abortions within the state. It has yet to pass the state Senate, but it's looking like it ...60 comments 24 Recs
- I couldn't grasp what the joke is till last night and I finally saw some information on the Republicans Senators who are going to be supporting the stimulus bill. My internal worry has been ...597 comments 559 Recs
- UPDATE: Via Kossack peacearena, here is some contact information for a local community ...352 comments 540 Recs
- AND PROBABLY ON RIGHTY BLOGS, TOO, BUT I DON'T READ THEM. On December 6, someone posted a diary titled, "Today, I found out we have nothing." It was a long sob story that elicited the usual ...824 comments 758 Recs
- What with all the brouhaha about the (moronic) "Obama Citizenship" cases, time for a primer about how the Supreme Court and lawsuits work. 1. A federal case begins in a Federal District Court. ...499 comments 720 Recs
- Crossposted from The Field . CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, NOVEMBER 20, 2008:391 comments 627 Recs
- If you or your parents are not yet 65 you’ll probably ignore what I have to say thinking this won’t apply to me. You’ll be making one of the biggest mistakes of your life.190 comments 151 Recs
- This is a continuation of a series I started right after Netroots Nation, and then I put it on hold until after the election. During Netroots Nation, I experienced a lot of "firsts" in my life... ...23 comments 42 Recs
- Let me make one thing clear: I hate Joe Lieberman as much as, if not more, than the next guy. I hate his fake sanctimonious, concern-troll tone as he went against everything he stood for his whole ...1006 comments 786 Recs
- The idea of Hillary becoming Secretary of State has sparked little opposition in the 'sphere. You'd think that the possibility of a hawk with limited foreign policy experience taking over the State ...667 comments 266 Recs
- No current results.