And pretty badly too--every major political figure in the state.
So how does the state of Idaho elect a liberal governor for four terms and an even more liberal Senator for three terms? Follow me below the fold as we talk about the 50 state strategy and what it really means for deep red states.
What's really in HR 3200. Can you cite verse and chapter like the best of our Congresscritters can, or do you rely on the summaries and talking points generated by others?
If you want to know what the bill actually says (instead of what a talking head claims it says), follow me below the fold as we discuss the ins and outs of HR 3200.
During the course of this debate on health care reform it's become increasingly clear to me that very few people have actually read this bill. Certainly not the deathers, nor their corporate media shills. Sadly many of the supporters of the bill have no idea of what it actually says, and find themselves unable to really explain things.
Unfortunately, I find myself in the latter category as well. I haven't read the full text. I've read parts of it, I've read summaries by people I trust, so I think I know what's in it--but do I really? Follow me below the fold to learn the answer
In any sporting contest, you'll often hear the announcers talking about a play, or series of plays that changed the momentum of the game and reversed a previously foregone conclusion. Well, I believe that the momentum for health care reform has shifted. Join me below and I'll tell you why.
It started when she was 12. Her legs were numb all the time and she couldn't figure out why. Since they had just moved from Oklahoma to Idaho she figured that she was just cold, so she cranked up the heat in her room.
When she took showers though, she noticed that she couldn't feel hot water. For a long time she assumed that the heating in their new house didn't work, until one day she asked her mother about it. She looked worried and replied that "No, the water heater works fine".
Thus began the first of what would be many doctor visits.
Follow me below the fold
I've noticed a disturbing trend lately on DKos. I come here to get my daily dose of progressive news with some well-written diaries from knowledgeable people. Many of these diaries have interesting comments that add greatly to the discourse.
However, I have been really bothered of late by a trend that I see happening more and more.
Seems the kosophere has been all a-flutter with Obama's picks of late. If I had a nickel for every time someone has said "This is not the change I voted for!", I'd be able to finance GM's bail-out myself.
I'd like to answer the question if I may.
Recommended by smileyman
- Let's start this conversation with a statement we think everyone who comments on Daily Kos can agree with. The atmosphere, tone, and standards of Daily Kos posting have degenerated ...2913 comments 879 Recs
- We learn with much fanfare from the recommended diaries list on Daily Kos today that "Obama prefers the excise tax on health insurance," and that he would like to crush puppies ...1065 comments 376 Recs
- In a set of ...930 comments 459 Recs
- I am tired of the insinuations and flat-out accusations that people who support President Obama's administration are not true progressives. There are at least two classes of progressives: ...1315 comments 446 Recs
- According to ABC News ' Jim Sciutto, Zahra Rahnavard has been arrested today in the Iranian capital of Tehran. The wife of Mir Hossein Mousavi ...143 comments 215 Recs
- Five years ago, shut out of the White House, in the minority in the House, and only 45 seats strong in the Senate -- the smallest in decades -- Democrats seemed hopelessly powerless to stop ...439 comments 355 Recs
- After a flurry of articles with inflammatory headlines like, From Snitch to Rich (thank you, Wall Street Journal ), whistleblower attorney Stephen Kohn had an amazing Op-Ed in ...9 comments 24 Recs
- I received the following email from my brother-in-law regarding his recent hospitalization in Japan. He has allowed me to quote it at length here; his comments speak for themselves.16 comments 14 Recs
- you're a school student than you are if you're one of the elite. This is something light on this holiday evening. I couldn't help but laugh when I read the crying going on in this article about ...94 comments 129 Recs
- So, as I was racing along Rockwood Avenue at 5 PM on Thanksgiving Day, blindly following my GPS to the nearest Wal-Mart, I started thinking. I CAN love Wal-Mart and hate the Daily Kos on occasion. ...394 comments 158 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.